Part 20

Arnav stood in front of the mirror as he buttoned up his shirt, once he was done, he just stood there, staring at his reflection in the mirror questioning a lot of things.

For the past few days, Khushi came here every day just to make sure he was okay, how could she do that? Despite how horrible he had treated her, how could she care about him? Wasn't she supposed to hate him?

Since Anjali passed away and he was left all alone, no one even cared, not even Lavanya, the only person that cared was the girl he hurt more than anything, Khushi.

Why did she care about him? it was driving him insane, if she would have hated him, it was easier, but her care was making him feel guilty for what he did, no matter what she did, he should have never treated her like he did in the first place.

But then every time he thought about that night, his blood would boil up, what was he supposed to do in such a situation? Even Anjali was no more here to advise him.

A servant walked in and informed him that Khushi had arrived so he headed outside trying to button up the sleeves.

Khushi walked inside the Raizada mansion slowly looking around realizing this was going to be her last ever time being here. She had made a decision and she was sure that she was going to stay firm on it. she wanted to begin a new life, away from Arnav. Deep down inside her heart she knew that she was always going to love him, but she also knew she deserved better than that.

"Hey, I'm glad you came." Arnav said as he walked down the stairs as he struggled to button his sleeves up.

"I'll help." Khushi said as she walked closer and buttoned up the sleeves for him.

"Thanks, have a seat." He walked towards the sofa and settled down as Khushi joined him, she looked at him silently not knowing what to say, she dint even know why he asked her to come back here again.

"So... Why did you want me to come here?" Khushi asked.

"I just wanted for us to sit down and talk like adult for once." He sighed.

Khushi kept on staring at him wondering what was going on in his mind and how he had changed so suddenly, until a while ago he hated her so much he dint even want to see her face.

"Before Anjali left, she had left some things for you." He said as he gestured something to a servant who nodded and rushed upstairs and in no time he came back holding a cardboard box, he placed it in front of us as Arnav bent over, opened it and pulled out a roll of paper.

"I don't know what things are exactly in that box or why she left them for you, she just told me after she leaves I should give it to you along with this letter so yeah." He sighed.

"Oh okay thanks." Khushi said still wondering what it could be that Anjali might have left for her.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I asked for a day." He said.

"Yes, you clearly hate me so much, so it's confusing." Khushi replied.

"I just wanted to apologize to you Khushi. I should have never listened to Anjali and agreed to get married to you knowing how much I hated you. My hatred towards you doesn't give me the permission to do the things I did, I just hope you understand that I was angry.

A lot had happened in my life, my entire family has shattered and it's no excuse for the way I treated you, I should have stayed with my hate and never agreed to get married to you, but I don't know why, somehow Anjali believe that I would fall in love with you.

Well that dint happen and we ended on a very horrible note which shouldn't have happened. I am no one to punish you for anything so I just wanted to apologize for my behavior. You were there for me when no one was, despite how horribly I treated you and that made me realize my fault.