Part 32

Khushi was woken up by Tara the next morning, last night they arrived home late and because of all the activities they did the entire day, she was pretty tired that she slept till late.

"Khushi!" Tara kept knocking at the door.

"I'm awake." Khushi replied as she sat up and stretched her arms lazily, she looked at her phone to check the time, it was ten o'clock, she dint even realize that she had slept till this time, the latest she ever went was eight maybe.

"Okay, I'm heading to work, Arnav is waiting in the hall." Tara informed as she walked away, Khushi jumped out of her bed and quickly rushed to take a shower, she had even forgotten that she was supposed to go out with Arnav today, it was just their third day.

She decided to think about what she was going to wear while showering so she dint waste much time. She quickly brushed her teeth and stood under the shower when she heard her phone ringing. Why did people have to call her while she was showering, now she had to rush with that too.

Once she was done, she turned off the water, wrapped a towel around and headed out, she sat on her bed and looked at the missed call, it was from Rohan so she decided to call back.

Rohan picked up the call immediately as if he had been waiting for her to call back.

"You seem busy." Rohan said.

"I was in the shower, why did you call? Anything important?"

"Yeah, I came by your place yesterday evening but you weren't around, I also waited a while but then I left. I needed you to pass by the office for a while, there's this client I really want you to meet, if things work out, we'll have a huge order. It wont take long, just an hour and then you can continue with whatever you have planned."

"Okay, what time is the meeting?"

"In like half an hour. Can you make it on time?"

"I think so, I just need to get dressed then leave, let's hope there's not much traffic today."

"Okay hurry up, I'll wait for you."

Khushi rushed to get dressed quickly so she could head for the meeting, she even had to tell Arnav as he was out there waiting for her.

"Arnav... Are you still there?" She shouted from her room.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for you to come out."

"Can you come here please?" she shouted back and in the next few moments he was pushed the door open and walked in.

"I'm sorry I made you wait for so long, why dint you wake me up when you came?"

"You just seemed pretty tired yesterday, I thought I'd let you rest." He smiled.

"Oh okay. Look I'm really sorry but I have to rush to the office."

"Why, is everything okay?" he asked worriedly.

"Yeah... yeah. Everything is great. Rohan called, he said there's this really important meeting so I'll have to go, it will take just an hour or so, we can go out after that."

"No worries, I'll drive you there, I don't have much to do." He said.

"Are you sure? I mean what will you do in the office for like an entire hour?"

"Don't worry, there must be a mall or something nearby, I'll go roam there."

"Okay... thanks. Let me just grab my shoes and then we leave." She smiled as she quickly applied lipstick, and brushed her hair. Then she rushed to grab a pair of heels, she put them on and then she headed out as Arnav followed her along.

*****

"Thank you, I'll find you as soon as the meeting is done." Khushi smiled at Arnav as she got out of the car and rushed inside, she was right on time, gladly as Arnav used some shortcut so they dint even get stuck in traffic.

Meanwhile, like he said, Arnav headed to the nearby mall for some shopping, he knew he could easily spend one hour here without realizing how time went by.

He bought some stuff for himself and for Khushi, and at last he headed to a restaurant and grabbed some take away for Khushi then headed back to her office.

The receptionist sent him to wait in Khushi's cabin so he settled down there and looked around, Khushi was with Rohan in the board room that was opposite her cabin, they were with their clients busy discussing things.

He sat there, staring at her all the while, she seemed so confident how she was talking he couldn't believe she was the same shy Khushi he married. She was so much different than what she was when they got married, but even thought she changed, this change was good.

At least now she was strong enough to face the world and no other Arnav would ever come in her life and hurt her again.

A few minutes later, they all stood up, shook hands and then walked out one by one. Once the clients were gone, Khushi and Rohan stood in the hallway discussing something for a while and once they were done, Khushi came to her cabin straight.

"So I'm finally done. We can go wherever you want us to." She sighed as she pulled out her chair and sat in front of him while Arnav just stared at her with a huge smile on his face.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked.

"I just... You are a complete business woman now, I felt so proud of you, I mean I couldn't really hear the conversation you were having in there but you just seemed so confident, it was good." Arnav smiled.

"We all learn with time." She smiled and then her eyes fell on the package that was on the table.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Oh, I got you something to eat. We left your place in hurry because of the meeting, I figured you'd be hungry so eat first, get some energy and then we'll go." Arnav smiled.

"That's really sweet, thank you." She smiled as she grabbed the packet and opened it up, and started eating immediately while Arnav just stared at her.

"So where are we going today?" Khushi asked with a mouthful.

"There are a few art museums I wanted to take you to, I'm sure you'll love them. Given that it's almost noon, we can go there roam for a while, it would definitely take us more then two three hours. Later I was thinking we could go shopping, I'm in need for new wardrobe and I figure since you're so good with fashion you can help me.

And then lastly we will have dinner and one of my favorite restaurants and I'll drop you home, I'll make sure we aren't late like yesterday so you can get enough sleep." Arnav laughed.

"It's okay, I dint complain." Khushi giggled.

*****

Arnav parked the car outside the first museum as they both stepped out, the garden outside the museum was so beautiful and the air around there felt so fresh.

Khushi stood there still for a moment just inhaling the fresh air and feeling peaceful.

"I love this place already." Khushi smiled at Arnav.

"I knew you would." Arnav replied.

"Why do all these outings feel like different kinds of dates. What are you trying to do Mr. Raizada." She folded her arms seriously.

"They are all different kind of dates Khushi, to show you what you deserved and I couldn't give you, so someday if you meet someone else, you know what you deserve." Arnav said.

"We should head in come on, I want to see the inside of this gorgeous place." Khushi grabbed his hand and pulled him inside trying to avoid making the conversation awkward. She realized how things changed yesterday when things got awkward between them so she wanted to avoid that.

They walked in through the entrance and stopped for a while looking around the amazing interiors of this place, while Khushi was happily enjoying the interiors, Arnav was just staring at her blankly.

It was like she dint even realize that she was holding his hand and as for him, he couldn't stop thinking how holding her hand into his felt. It was like the reverse of what they had before, she felt too much and he dint, now he felt too much and she dint.