Part 14

Anjali opened her eyes slowly, she felt really weak and she was having a really bad headache, she found herself in an unfamiliar room so she looked around trying to figure where she was when she finally noticed Arnav who was seated beside her.

"Arnav." She whispered.

"I am right here, thank God you woke up." Arnav tried to smile, he dint want to look worried and make Anjali more worried.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Nothing, you just fainted and your friends brought you here, nothing to worry about." He said.

"If there's nothing to worry about, why is your voice so shaky? You might have grown up but I'm your elder sister, I know when things are bothering you."

"Shh, don't talk much, the doctor said you need to rest." Arnav said as he diverted the topic and looked away from her trying to control his tears. He knew the doctor did say that she dint have much time so he was literally living in fear that any of these moment would be the last moment he had with Anjali.

The door pushed open and Khushi walked in with a bag, she smiled at Anjali as she sat down beside her and removed whatever that's he had brought it the bag.

"How are you feeling now?" Khushi asked.

"Weak, but I'll be okay." Anjali said.

"Good, I brought you soup, don't worry I've confirmed with the doctor you can drink this." She smiled as she poured the soup from a tin to a bowl and then handed it to Anjali with a spoon.

"This smells so good." Anjali tried to smile but she was too weak to even smile properly.

"Give me, I'll feed you." Khushi said as she took the bowl from her and started feeding her while Arnav just stared at her wondering where she found the soup this late, of course the canteen was closed and the restaurants too.

"Where did you get it?" He asked.

"You had left you key in the car so I drove back home and made it." Khushi replied to which he nodded.

"There's more if you want some, I figured you might be hungry too, here." Khushi said as she handed him the entire bag so Arnav could pour himself some, he nodded as he took it from her not wanting to be rude or anything.

She was doing a lot for his sister, and although right now he dint really feel like eating or anything, he decided to, just so Khushi wouldn't feel bad. He tasted it first and even though it was made for a sick person, it was very tasty.

"Wow, this is good. You must be feeling hungry too." Arnav said.

"It's okay, I'm not that hungry."

"No, I can't just drink the soup you made while you sit like that, here, drink some." Arnav said as he fed it to her. Khushi looked at him in surprise, today she was seeing a side of him she always wanted to see, he was just like the husband she wanted.

"Look at you cute love birds." Anjali giggled.

Arnav just shrugged while Khushi blushed and continued feeding Anjali, once she was done she packed everything and put it back in the bag.

"You should sleep now, the doctor will come for check up in the morning." Khushi said, Anjali nodded as she lied down on the bed as Arnav put a blanket over her. Both Arnav and Khushi headed out of the room letting Anjali rest.

They sat down on the chairs placed outside her room, leaning their head against the wall.

"Thank you for what you did for my sister today." Arnav said.

"It's nothing much, just a basic act of humanity. No matter how horrible life gets, people should never stop being humans." Khushi said as all the memories floated around her mind, how horribly Arnav kept treating her and it just made her feel sad.

"You should go home and rest, I'll stay here." Arnav said.

"No, I want to stay." Khushi replied, after that Arnav dint say anything he just sat there silently and in no time they both fell asleep right there.

*****

"Khushi. Wake up." Arnav shook her. She blinked her eyes open and looked at Arnav who was standing in front of her.

"What happened? Is Anjali okay?" Khushi asked as she stood up immediately.

"Yeah, the doctor came for the checkup, he said she's much better than yesterday, it was surprising but he said, she might get better with time and soon we can take her home." He smiled.

"Oh wow, that's great news." Khushi smiled.

"Yes, anyway she's resting so we can go home freshen up and get her food, I don't want her to eat anything from outside, I'll tell the servant to cook something for her.

"Okay." Khushi nodded as she followed Arnav outside the hospital. They both got into the car and drove home.

In a few minutes, they arrived home, Arnav parked the car as the both stepped out of the car and walked inside the house.

"You can shower first, I'll instruct the servants and what to make." Arnav said to Khushi who nodded and headed upstairs to take a shower while Arnav headed to the kitchen.

Once he was done explaining everything to the servants in details he headed upstairs to his room, Khushi was still in the shower so he turned to his wardrobe and started to find the clothes he had to wear.

He pulled out a pair and placed it on the bed and turned around just at the same moment when Khushi walked out of the shower.

"Sorry I took long." She said.

"It's okay." Arnav said as he kept on staring at her, she had washed her hair and even from the distance he could smell her shampoo.

She looked really sexy with a bathrobe covering her and all the water droplets dripping all over her body.

"Wow." He whispered.

"What?" Khushi blushed.

"You look sexy." Arnav said as he walked closer to her and slowly wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer.

Khushi felt her heart beating really fast, she felt like it was going to drop out of her chest.

Arnav bent forwards, putting his hand on her cheek and brushing her lip with his thumb as he bit his own lips slightly, it was really sexy the way he did it.

He moved closer to her mouth slowly almost kissing her, while Khushi kept on breathing heavily, she shut her eyes ready to give it, but yet she was having a battle going on in her mind, she had decided never to let him touch her again.

"Arnav." She said as she opened her eyes and looked at him in shock, he also looked back at her in shock realizing what he was about to do.

"I'm sorry." He said as he stepped backwards immediately.

He grabbed his towel and rushed inside the bathroom leaving a confused Khushi behind who had no idea what was going on.