Part 28

Arnav stood outside Khushi's house early in the morning, he had so much planned for them to do, and he was so excited for it, it was like after ages he was actually getting to spend some quality time with her, and he knew this time was limited so he was going to make the most out of it.

He pressed the door bell and in no time Tara opened the door.

"Hey." She smiled brightly at him.

"Hey... is Khushi in?" Arnav asked.

"Yeah, she's in her room with Rohan, can you wait until they come out?"

"Sure." Arnav nodded as he walked inside and settled down on the sofa and Tara sat down opposite him.

"So how have you been? I haven't talked to you since I left from here that day." He asked Tara.

"I've been okay, at a time I felt the need of a friend and you were literally the only friend I had apart from Khushi and I couldn't talk to either of you because you had your own problems."

"I am sorry, you should have called me, I would have listened. Do you want to talk now?"

"No... maybe later? We can go out for dinner or something and talk?"

"Sure, sounds great. Just give me a call okay?" Arnav smiled, to which Tara nodded happily, she really did seem like she needed a friend and who could have known how being alone felt more than Arnav, since Anjali left and Khushi too left him, he had no one to talk to at all.

They sat there for a while until Rohan finally walked out of Khushi's room, he then walked towards Arnav and Tara and greeted them, after the greetings Arnav headed towards Khushi's room, he knocked at the door and walked in just to find her lying on the bed.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked as he immediately rushed towards her worried, she kind of look like she was sick.

"No, I woke up with a pretty bad fever." She pouted.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, did you take any medicines yet?"

"No, I just woke up and then called Rohan so he could handle my part of work, that's what we were discussing all this time."

"It's okay Khushi, you don't have to explain. I have learnt my lessons, I would never ever misunderstand anyone because of my thoughts, besides we aren't even together so you don't have to tell me anything." Arnav smiled at her.

"I'm sorry, I know you were to take me somewhere today but I don't think I can even walk, I feel so weak."

"It's okay, don't worry about that, all you need is to take a shower, eat and then take some medicines. I'll send Tara to help you with the shower." He stood up and headed towards the door.

"I can shower on my own Arnav, just help me till the bathroom?"

"Sure." He nodded as he rushed back towards her, helped her out of the bed and took her towers the bathroom.

"Don't lock the door just in case. I will be out of the room, you can call me when you are done showering okay?"

"Okay." Khushi smiled faintly, Arnav headed out of her room and found Tara and Rohan seated in the hall talking about something, not wanting to disturb them he decided to head to the kitchen and make soup for Khushi, even though he didn't know where all the stuff was kept, he looked around until he found everything he needed.

"You need any help Arnav?" Tara asked from the hall.

"No, I'm good, carry on." Arnav replied, he then pulled his phone out and called his family doctor, just so he could come and check up on Khushi.