Part 43

"Hey" Arnav waved his hand in front of her face, she smiled as she greeted him back.

"Umm... can we talk?" She asked.

"Sure, have a seat." He said as he walked back to his chair while Khushi sat down opposite him looking at him nervously.

"What do you want to talk about?" Arnav asked.

"Us... Until the time we left Goa and arrived back here, I was so sure I dint want to get back with you. But then meeting my mother... it just made me realize a lot of things. She is the worst possible human I've ever come across in my life, I mean whatever she did... it was terrible.

You lost your mother because of her, I mean of course your father was at fault, but so was my mom, and even after your mother committed suicide she dint stop, she kept doing whatever she was doing, she even tried to take me to that path with her.

I realized how manipulative she was, and I get it, you believed what she showed you, after all you were a child, you would believe what an elder showed you, told you and all that...

And as much as I understand that Arnav... I also understand that if you wanted to punish me, you would have picked a different way, I was a culprit in your eyes then, I get it... but why did you have to punish me like that? Why did you have to make me feel like the only reason you married me was to satisfy your desires?

You have no idea how I feel right now sitting here, I feel like I am some pathetic human being that's come back to someone who doesn't value them, and you know why I am here? Because I love you Arnav, I always have... I still do and these feelings just refuse to go away."

"I am sorry Khushi, I really am. For everything that I did, for all the horrible things I did to you, I know it's not easy for you, and I swear if there was a way I could change it I would, but I cant. All I can do is accept my mistakes and apologize. If there's anything I can do to make you feel any better I swear I will, just tell me what I have to do.

Since the day I learnt the truth, I have been overwhelmed with the guilt, I haven't been at peace Khushi, knowing that I did all those horrible things to you, living with that isn't easy.

Look, I know I did a lot of terrible stuff in the past, but it's not me now, I am not that person anymore, everyday people grow, they learn stuff, they change and I have changed, you have seen the change Khushi. I would really be glad if you just looked at the Arnav that I am now and not the one that I was in the past." Arnav said.

"That's why I am here Arnav... because I am actually trying to look at the Arnav that I knew when I was a kid, and the Arnav I got to know in the past seven days, these two Arnav's are way similar, but the one that I was married to, wasn't.

Look I'll be very honest here, I have grown up loving you and it's not easy to lose those feelings just like that, and here I have a chance, to fulfil that dream, the dream of being loved back by the guy that I loved, and I don't want to run away from it, because I want it Arnav, I want to be loved and not by anyone else, I want to be loved by you, I want to feel all those stupid romantic things with you but deep down I am scared that one day I am going to come back home and find you with another woman on our bed.

I want to give us a second chance, I want us to try this again, I really want it Arnav... I just... I need love but I need respect also, I need the both of it, and I am not willing to come back unless I am a hundred percent sure I'll get the both and right now, I am sure about the love, I am just not about the respect."

"I will never do that again Khushi, I promise." He stood up and walked towards her, he bent down on his knees beside her chair.

"Promises are meant to be broken Arnav."