Part 52

"Arnav... what is she doing here?" Khushi asked as she looked at him with moist eyes, just when she thought everything was going well, this had to happen.

"Lavanya please give us a moment." Arnav said to her, she nodded as she walked out leaving them both alone, Arnav walked towards Khushi immediately and cupped her face as he looked her into the eyes.

"Hey, I am so sorry Khushi, you came to surprise me, I wasn't expecting for you to see her, I was the one that called her."

"Why would you do that Arnav? After everything that happened?"

"Look please relax and listen to me. Whatever that happened in the past was because of me, for the things I did and I just wanted to make things better for the both of us.

She has been working in this company for so long but as soon as we got back together, I had to ask her to quit, I knew it would affect you if you came across her."

"But I did come across her Arnav."

"I know and I am really sorry Khushi. I just realized I was punishing her for my mistakes and she dint deserve to be asked to quit her job because of what I did, so I just called her to tell her I'd found her a job in another company, I knew some people and I just talked to them about her.

I dint want to punish her for my mistakes like I had done to you Khushi, that is the only reason she is here, I just wanted to talk to her about the other job so she could join there trust me. You can sit here with me when I talk to her about it if you want to, I promise there's nothing else."

"It's just that seeing here has brought back the memories... I think I should leave." Khushi said as she tried to walk away but Arnav kept on holding on to her.

"Please Khushi, I really dint mean for you to face her, I am sorry."

"It's okay Arnav, I get it, you were just trying to help her and I agree she does need a job. I just need some alone time, so I need to go."

"Please tell me everything is still okay between us?"

"It is. I just need some air... I'll talk to you when I feel better."

"Okay, I'm really sorry for this once again, I promise I wont ever see her once I settle this job matter, trust me on that okay?"

"Okay." She nodded, he let her go so she walked out of the office and headed straight back to her car.

She sat on her seat and leaned against it shutting her eyes, as once again all those horrible memories flashed in front of her eyes, she thought she could forget about them, but it was so damn difficult.

Everything between her and Arnav was so great right now she dint want to ruin it, she dint want to overthink any of this and ruin the beautiful feelings she was having, she just wanted to forget about it and move on in life but only if it was that easy.

Only if Lavanya had never shown up, everything would still be going on well, but maybe this happened so she could see things for what they had been and accept them.

It wasn't like she could go back in the past and change things, neither could she ignore them, she had to accept what had happened, she had to accept the decisions she had made and live with them, she couldn't run away from the truth forever.

The truth was that Arnav was a terrible person to her in the past, but the other truth was that he was a changed man now, he did everything in his power to always keep her happy, he made her feel loved and happy right now unlike in the past so it was for her to decide on what she wanted.

These memories were always going to haunt her from time to time, it wasn't like she would completely forget about them, but this was her second chance with Arnav, the both of them had put so much effort into it and they were finally happy together.