Part 21(c)

"Khushi do you regret this marriage?"

"I didn't had any expectations Arnavji. I really didn't have any when I agreed to marry you. I was ready to deal with anything but I really did not expect you to ask me to hide this whole relation  . I am just disappointed. I know I can't blame you for everything. First of all you were not expecting  a girl like me in your life. You planned a life with a girl totally different from me. You too were not prepared for this change. You didn't know how to deal with the change. For you ,I was Payal's sister who accepted the proposal without even seeing you. May be an opportunist.."

"No Khushi... never. I never thought you like that. I respected you from the day I saw you. I wondered the reason you accepted the proposal but then thought may be because you know our family and you may have accepted for our families happiness . Not even for a minute it i thought you as an opportunist.

"Khushi I really don't know how to deal with emotions after ma's death. It was always like I took the decision which I found practical and not complicated, but this time I forgot that it was not just my decision, but yours too. I should have considered your emotions. Khushi it was not that I was okay with the way Di behave ,but a decade and half , I spend taking care of her. My whole existence revolved around her, making her life easy, making her happy. When you came my life, she started becoming insecure. In assuring things to her ,I neglected you, your emotions, your feelings.But trust me it was never my intention. It was just I didn't know how to handle things rightly. Forgive me Khushi.

Khushi smiled a little and nodded. She had seen there regret in his eye. She also knows Anjali was using his love and insecurities against her. After a short silence Arnav continued.

"Khushi I really don't know what to say...But know that, you are all I want. I don't know whether this will make our relationship better or worse but you have to know this. Khushi I was burdened with responsibilities at 14, I Kind of forgot to live. I was just breathing, making money, and taking care of my responsibilities. But when you came to my life I started yearning for more. I enjoyed every second I spend with you.

I wanted to say this for a few days now but.....he took a long breath...Khushi I have never felt the care and love after my mama died till you came. You gave me a hope. You released me from my past clutches. You did things for me that nobody had bothered to do. You just completed me. Your smile brightens my day and your laugh fills my heart. Your care made me feel wanted. I started living Khushi. You made me feel things. I for the first time felt jealous, possessive. I found my home in you. I love you Khushi.

I Know you don't reciprocate my feelings .I know my own foolishness is the reason for that .Take your own time Khushi. Take as much as you want. All I want you to know is that I love you.

I need you. You are never an unwanted wife. I want you so much. I know I have done nothing much to give you an assurance and made you feel loved. But know that You have me in your life ahead. Forget the Gupta house which was never yours, you have this home where you have every right. And you have me who's your family. From this moment I will never let you feel unwanted or insecure. You will always have me beside you. "Arnav said every word with at most sincerity.

"Arnavji I like you but for me love is surety that my feelings won't be taken for granted. Someone to wipe my tears. I don't expect someone to get me sun and moon. All I want is someone to call my own. Someone who's priority will be me. Who make me feel I am wanted in their life."

"I understand Khushi...all I ask you is a chance to prove myself to be the man you wanted. To be the one to make you feel wanted. Can you give me that?" khushi nodded with a small smile. Arnav cupped her face and pecked her forehead. They sat there in pool side. Arnav held her shoulders and dragged khushi more close to him. she unknowingly leaned to his shoulders resting her head there.

That was the day they really found each other .Now they know each other's past, their insecurities, their fear. They promised silently to be the strength, security of their partner and to be the one to hold the hand of other in their journey ahead.