Part 29

Arnav took a long breath. Seem like there are more things to deal with. He knocked the door.

"Arnav...come in" Shyam invited

"Where is Di jijaji?" Arnav asked controlling his emotions

"I think she went to her friend's home. She said something like an early morning pooja related to her friends housewarming or something like that." Arnav nodded

"Jijaji...while I was about to knock the door I heard you talking to your mother. You were saying something like divorce. Is it true? " Arnav asked

"Yes Arnav ,I am planning a divorce". Shyam said with a firm stance. He didn't want to lie. Any day from now this news has to come out then why not today.

Arnav gulped seeing Shyam's stance. He could clearly see Shyam is serious about his decision.

"May I know why? Jijaji" Arnav tried to be calm even when there where lot of emotions running through his mind. He is angry with his sister, but that doesn't free him from his responsibility as a brother. He still care for her, Worries for her, eradicating anything that hurt her is still his duty.

"come and take a seat. We will discuss this patiently" which Arnav obeyed. He didn't want to act irrationally

"Arnav I can't go on like this. I agreed to this proposal and accepted Anjali with all her past. But Your sister is still where she was. She just need the tag of Mrs. Jha not the responsibilities and duties that comes with that. I am not saying I want my wife to do things for me or cook and clean but I want her to be available to be emotionally and physically which rarely happens in our married life. I thought she will accept the changes with time but even after three years we still stand the same place where we started.

Arnav do you know why she came here to stay?"Shaym asked

"She was feeling lonely in your home after your parents went Dubai" Arnav said the reason Anjali had mentioned him.

Shyam chucked a little "Anjali was not ready to take the responsibilities .Me or my parents didn't want her to do house chores or cooking but they expected her to at least take care of me and I wanted her to be a daughter to my parents. We at least wanted her to acknowledge the bond. She rarely even communicate with them while she stayed there. All that time she stayed in our room and servants take the food to her .She doesn't even join family for any meal. When things started creating problem my parents thought to give us some privacy as they thought it was their presence that make her behave like that. So they willingly offered help to my brother to take care of his twins. But the next day they left Anjali said she can't stay there alone and came here. I willingly joined her here as I thought the change of atmosphere may help us to build a bond. Yes, there were changes but not compensatory enough for the taunts I have to bear being a ghar jamai or a toy brought by ASR for his sister. I thought may be having a child will help us to bond better but she doesn't even wants a child or the responsibilities that come with that.

I can't go on like this Arnav. I hardly even see her. She doesn't even bother if I am late or even return back home. I have responsibilities as a son. My parents have come back to Delhi. I intended to stay with them and take my responsibility as son which Anjali didn't agree for. So it's better we part our ways than struggling in this relationship" Shyam stated all his reasons for divorce.

Arnav for a change didn't thought just as a brother. He somewhere knows Anjali's behavior is the root cause so hearing things from Shyam didn't make much changes.

"jijaji I respect you a lot. In these past three years I have started to look up to you as an elder brother. I will not justify my sister's behavior. I wouldn't have understood your words if I was not married to Khushi. I now understand the aspects of a married life. But as a brother I still wanted my sister to be happy. You know she had difficult past. Her past made her skeptical to every relationship." Arnav couldn't help but to worry what will happen to his sister if she gets to know about divorce. He still fear her going back to her stage of mental trauma.