Part 14

Khushi was getting ready to sleep when Arnav entered the room. From his face Khushi could read he was sad about something. He was emotional. When Arnav saw khushi looking at him he gave a small smile .Khushi couldn't pretend  not notice his fallen face , so she went near him.

"Are you okay? Is something bothering you?"

Arnav looked at her and shook his head in no. But she could make it from his face that it was a lie. So she again asked

"Is there some tension in office? Can I help you in any ways?"

Arnav felt overwhelmed with Khushi's gesture. But he was never a person who could convey his emotions. He went near her and cupped Khushi's cheek

"It's nothing I can't handle Khushi .Leave all that. So tell me what's your plan with your friend for tomorrow?"

Khushi understood Arnav was changing the subject and diverting the attention to her.She didn't probe him further thinking he may not be ready to share it. So she answered his question

"Nothing much. Just a dinner and our usual talks."

"Where are you planning to meet him?"

"I don't know many places in Delhi. I never went anywhere other than AR and Devi Mayya temple and Lakshmi Nagar .So thought to just go to some  restaurant near AR."

"Just a few days more Khushi. I will take you to everywhere in Delhi. But for now I can suggest some"

"That will be great"

"Purple Orchid at the corner of RB road serves pretty much all Cuisine and the food is tasty too."

"Oh then we will go there."

"Do you want me to drop you there?"

"No, Shravan will pick me from AR, but don't you have a reception to attend? Then how will you manage"

Arnav took a long breath and shook his head in denail.

"But.....Why?"

"It's the right thing to do Khushi"

"You don't have to chande your plans for me."

"I know..."

Khushi felt sad thinking her to be the reason for him to miss it so she hesitatingly asked "Do you want me to stay back?"

Arnav gave a small smile "I would love that, but I don't want to disturb your time with your friend .So no need to hold your plans for me .You enjoy your time."

Khushi nodded "Let's sleep .Its already late"

"Ji"

Next day as planned Raizadas left to the reception without Arnav much to Anjali's distaste .Arnav had some work to complete so he stayed in office.

Khushi waited near the gate of AR for her friend. Not friend. He is her elder brother. She owes so much to his family. Everything she is today is because of their support. If not for Shravan's father Ram uncle she would have been stuck with a secondary education and a daily wage job. Shravan's sister Shreya is the one she could even call in mid night if she wants any help. It hurts her to hide an important event like marriage from her dear friend. At the time of marriage, Ram uncle and family was on a world tour .By the time she contacted khushi, khushi was back in Mumbai. When Guptas emotionally blackmailed her ,the first thought was to run to her friend where she knows nobody would dare to touch her. She knows if Shreya was there at Payal's wedding, Nobody could have tormented her. Just like her babuji calls 'Khushi's body guard'. Every time she speaks to her friend and her family she feels guilty. But restricted herself knowing if she came to know the situations in which she got married or the hiding of marriage, Ram uncle won't listen to any body and will take her with him. What if Payal suffer for it? She knows It won't take time for Shravan to figure out something is wrong with her or she is hiding something. A family trait. He and Ram uncle being lawyers added to his this ability.