Part 31

Next day morning Khushi was getting ready to go downstairs for breakfast. She came to her room to get ready for office after helping Prakash brothers. Khushi was disturbed with a knock at the door. Arnav was taking bath so Khushi went to answer the person at door. But she never expected an anxious Anjali .

"Can I come in" to which Khushi reluctantly nodded

"Chotte...?" Anjali asked noticing his absence. Khushi pointed towards the bathroom door and Anjali nodded understandingly.

Anjali stood there not knowing how to start a conversation. When Anjali didn't say anything she went back to her work after pointing to the recliner silently asking her she could sit and wait for her chotte. She can't get late to work every day.

"Khushi...I ...I didn't came to talk to chotte. I wanted to apologize to you for everything I did and said .I know no amount to sorry will undo what I did. But can you please forgive me.

Yesterday night after you all went back to your rooms I and Shyamji talked a lot. He told me his reasons and I couldn't help but to agree he is true. I have failed him as a wife. I was reluctant to fully accept the relationship when all these time he was nothing but understanding and patient with me. We talked a lot about my insecurities, my fear everything .I realized how much egoistic and self centered I was. Chotte has taken care of me for a long time now and I repaid all his love by trying to separate the only one person who understood him .I was nothing but evil.

I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but I expect to have it in your heart to forgive me. I am really sorry" saying this Anjali turned to go back when she saw Arnav standing there. She didn't realize when he came from bathroom. She went near him

"I am really sorry chotte for everything I did. I may have not agreed but I know marriage with Khushi is the best thing ever happened to you. I could never search a girl like Khushi for you. This thought too added my hatred for Khushi ,That I was incapable in bringing happiness in your life. Forgive me chotte that I failed you as a sister" By the time Anjali finished she was a crying mess. Arnav who could never stand tear in his sister's eyes was tormented. He cannot forgive her for the things she did but He couldn't see Anjali crying too. At last the emotions of a brother won. He slowly wiped Anjali's tears.

"I am sorry chotte. I really am" Anjali again said to which Arnav nodded slowly patting her head.

Khushi stood at the same place watching the scene. Anjali knowing that her ever so loving chotte had mallow down turned towards Khushi looking expectedly

"I understand your insecurities Anjali but I cannot forgive you. You raised finger on my character, my morals, my self respect.That is something I can never forgive you for. I still don't trust you. So don't expect my forgiveness" Khushi left the scene without even glancing brother sister duo.

"Please trust me chotte...I am not faking it. I really regret the things I did" Anjali begged and Arnav nodded.

"I know but you have to understand that whatever you did is unforgivable. Just think what would have happened if I didn't trust Khushi. You played with our life Di. It is not something forgivable. I still cannot overcome the fact my Di could do something like that. But I will give you chance not that I forgive you or forget the things you did but for the relation I share with you. You were a part of my life for all these years and just for the sake of the moments we shared as siblings I try to move on. But mind you I won't be the same brother who was there at your beck and call. I will only interfere in your life when I feel it is absolute necessity."

"I understand chotte...I will never repeat my mistakes. Tomorrow I have invited Shyamji's parents for the holi, after that I will also go with them to Shyamji's home. I am going to start everything from the start."