Part 24

Later that day Arnav called Akash to his room with Payal"

After some moments Akash came with Payal .Arnav asked them to be seated .He wanted to know what Akash thought. He wanted to be sure if Payal also thought like buaji.

"Akash Do you have problem working with me. Working under my instructions? Do you want to separate and own some business of your own?"

"What? Bhai what are you talking about...me separate business....from where did you get that idea." A confused and shocked Akash asked.

"Answer me Akash" Arnav said sternly

"No bhai. Why would I want it? How could you even think of separating me from you .Don't you know I even chose business field to be with you, to help you.? Then why bhai?"asked a panicked Akash. Arnav had a proud smile on his face but then he looked directly at Payal. Payal knew that whatever Arnav wanted to tell has something to do the with her amma and buaji .

"What about you Payal? Do you have problem in Akash following my instructions ?Do you think Akash should have his own business?"

"No Arnavji" Payal shook her head

"Do you have anything to do with your family's problem for the same Payal?" Arnav asked directly.

"What? A shocked Akash Asked" why would they say something like this. He is my brother and I will follow him. Do you hear me Payal."

Payal nodded and looked Arnav "Arnavji I didn't knew they will say something like this. Trust me. I didn't have any idea about this."

"It's okay Payal. But I don't want them trying to create differences between me and my brothers. Every single time trying to blackmail Khushi is also not acceptable. I asked you both about this because I don't want any conflict or even a single moment of distrust among us. Akash is my brother and I will be there for him till my death. I don't want a third person to come and interfere between us. I won't be this considerate if they try this again"

"I understand Arnavji. I will speak to them."

"No Payal. I didn't ask you to create a problem but I wanted to be sure it was just their thought or you too want the same." Arnav said

"No Arnavji. I know how much Akash adores you. I will never think of separating him from you" Payal said with at most sincerity. She knows Arnav is already upset with her and family about morning incident.

Guptas left the next day .Arnav and Khushi was happy in their life . Nk brought difference in total atmosphere of santhivan. NK was glued to Khushi to Payal. Nk had really taken the saying 'Bhabhi ma saman' to his heart. He demands his favorite food to be made by his Bhabhi's, brought their favorite jalabies and other sweets, and shared Arnav's and Akash's childhood stories. At first NK called Khushi as Khushiji just like Akash, But Arnav sternly asked him to call her bhabhi.

"But nannav, Ashu always call her Khushiji" NK complained

"That is because she is my saali" Akash defended

"But Akash bitwa she is your elder brother's wife too. She should be respected with that relationship. Don't you think?" Manorama who heard exchange between brothers corrected him. Akash looked at his nani she too nodded her head.

"Okay...Khushi Bhabhi it is."

It was a few days after the party. Things were going well .Arnav could see genuine smile on Khushi's face now a days. Nani and mami always took her and Payal's opinion in everything related to decisions of home. NK and Akash shared a beautiful bhabhi devar relation with her with their funny bickering, complaining about Arnav. Arnav wanted NK to join office soon but Nk wanted few months break. As usual NK went to his favorite bhabhi for help .At last Khushi convinced Arnav to give him a month .Akash was behind her 'calling Bhabhi ,bhabhi' for her help in convincing Payal to let him back in their room which was closed to him from the day truth of blackmailing was revealed.

After a lot of convincing from Khushi ,Payal let him in.

Arnav was engrossed in a file. Khushi had gone to sleep early because of headache. But his concentration was broke when he heard some mumbling and low cries. He immediately went near Khushi. She was shaking, Crying in her sleep and was saying something like" Ma, papa please wake up.I am afraid. Chachu ask ma papa to wake up. Why are they not listening to me? Please "

Arnav immediately went near hear and hugged her." It's okay Khushi. I am here. You are safe Khushi..."he reassured her slowly patting her head still hugging her. After some moments Khushi woke up. Arnav didn't leave her and slowly asked "Bad dream...?" Arnav felt Khushi nodding near his chest.

"Arnav slowly realized the hug and grabbed a glass of water from night stand and gave her. Khushi drank it all in one gulp. After finishing he took the glass from her and kept it back.

"Are you okay now" to which Khushi again nodded. Arnav slowly took her hand in his not before wiping the tears in her eyes.

"Is it about your Parents? The accident"

"Khushi slowly lift her head and looked at him then again nodded.

"Want to speak about it?" Arnav was not sure if she wanted to speak about it but he can't see her in a vulnerable state. It broke his heart to see tears in her eyes.

"Tomorrow is their death anniversary...I kind of felt reliving those moments. Mama and papa not responding to me... Chacha trying to stop vehicles that passed by so someone will help us to take them to hospital...chachu begging papa to stay awake..."

"Buaji never let me do barsi Pooja. She found that to be disrespecting Babuji and Amma." Khushi remembered the time when she wanted to do the Pooja but has to refrain from doing that because of the accusation and insults showered by buaji.

"We will do it in our home. I will arrange" Arnav informed

"No. I will go to shiv temple and do the Pooja"

"Khushi that's not necessary...we can always have it here" Arnav said

"No. It will be difficult to arrange it in short time. I will go to temple and do the pooja." Khushi told him

"Okay .we will go early morning...It's nearly 30mins drive from here.so it will be better if we go before the roads are flooded with traffic."

"Ji"After some time sitting in silence Khushi said

"Temple near the place we stayed didn't conduct Barshi poojas. So it's been around 10 years I did nothing for them. It make me feel worst. They deserved to be remembered but...I"

"They know you Khushi. But from today every year we will do everything for their souls. Okay. Now come and sleep." Arnav made her lay down on bed but seeing her hesitant to even close the eyes, he lay down near her and assured her. "I am here Khushi...Sleep"

After pulling her near him and continued to caress her hair.

Khushi nodded. She after a long time in her life she felt, secured, protected, and cared.

Just as Arnav assured, Arnav took khushi to temple and did every necessary rituals to be done for their souls. After completing them he took khushi to an Old age home .At first Khushi was surprised but then understood her husband is doing things to make her feel better. She spend some time with the inmates. Surprisingly Arnav too Sat with her having small conversation with them. Arnav also made arrangements for better clothing and food for them.

Khushi was touched with Arnav's gesture. She knew Arnav didn't sleep properly last night. She felt him caressing her hair , sometime small pats like lulling her to deep sleep. She had felt his love for her in the pride he introduced her as his wife, when he became jealous of any one in office when they complement her Or try to flirt .She knew he deeply cared her when he was worried about her safety. She liked his attention .She enjoyed this face of life.