Part 9

Days rolled .Arnav got busy with his business and Anjali managed to occupy all the time he is home after work. So except for some occasional phone calls nothing changed between Kushi and Arnav. What Arnav didn't realize is that his lack of initiative in taking time out to talk to her is making khushi believe that this marriage was just for saving his face. Akash and Payal was back from their honey moon and was enjoying their new phace of life.

Khushi was to return in two days and she informed the same to both Payal and Arnav. A day before Khushi's return when Raizadas were having breakfast.

"Arnav Bai, will you make arrangements for khushi .Her train is scheduled to reach here by 10.AM tomorrow." Payal asked Arnav who was busy in his phone while having his toast.

"Ho..yah..I will go myself and pick her. Don't worry "Arnav assured her and Raizadas elders smiled thinking Arnav is taking care of Khushi.

After breakfast Raizada men left to work and Nani and Mami left to their room. Anjali alone sat at the leaving room. She was in thoughts.she can't let her chotte suffer in this marriage. He doesn't have to do all these pickup and drop as if he is Khushi's driver .She has to make sure her chotte doesn't have to do all these unnecessary things .she decided to do somethings to save her chotte from this burden soon.

Next day when Arnav came back from his jog, Anjali was all dressed waiting for him.

"Chotte, I want to go to temple, all our drivers are engaged otherwise so can you please drive me?"

Arnav looked at the watch, there was still time for him to go to railway station, so he agreed .Arnav took Anjali to temple and waited. what Arnav didn't know was that his sister's a day old plan to stop her brother from going to receive his wife. After an hour, Anjali came back only to ask him to take her to market place as she has some urgent purchases to make. Arnav who couldn't leave his sister alone went with her to the shops she took .Jeweler, saree shops and many more .In all these shopping, the time went by and Arnav forgot the fact that his wife is waiting for him at the railway station as instructed by her sister. Khushi waited for Arnav for a long time. She called him, but shown busy as he was on continuous business calls as he was no show to work .She even called her Jiji, who assured Arnav will surly come. After waiting for a long time, Khushi gave up and took a taxi and reached santhivan. HP opened the door for her. She took Nani's and Mami's blessing.

After exchanging pleasantries Nani asked

"Bitiya, Where is chotte? Didn't he come to receive you?"

"I didn't see him at station naniji, I phoned him which showed  busy .I didn't get any call back too.I was so tired after travelling and last two days of winding up everything .so I came by myself." Khushi answered as if she couldn't wait there more because she was tired. But everybody there understood that their chotte forgot his responsibility. Nani was disappointed with her grandsons irresponsible behaviour . She didn't expect that from him.

"Bitiya you must be tired .Go to your room and freshen up .I will send tea with HP"

"Ji naniji" Khushi was about to take the bag and leave to the room  upstairs when they heard laughing sounds. All of them saw a laughing Anjali accompanied by their chotte with lots of shopping bags.

"Di app bhi na. You never leave a chance to loot me"

"why wouldn't I chotte, I am your only sister "Arnav shook his head .He looked ahead only to see everybody at leaving room looking at them. what's that he see in his Nani's face.? 'disappointment'. But why? That's when he saw a slim figure standing beside the sofa ,with bags kept near her. Realization drown him. He forgot to pick his wife from railway station. He got so busy in his di's shopping that he forgot the time he has to go and receive her. He glanced at  their faces. Nani's and Mami's face had disappointment, Payal had disappointment and anger but Khushi's face was blank of any emotions as if she expected this. She might have waited for him at station for hours and he refused to show up. He quickly took his phone to know why he didn't get any call from her when she didn't find him at the station  ,only to notice some miss calls from her. He messed it all.