Part 6

Hp stood there with the dress for Kushi's muh dikayi .Kushi took the dress from Hp. Her face quickly formed a frown seeing the dress.It was a lehanga in lavender color and she hated that color from childhood. She knew it will look horrible in her skin tone. But she couldn't refuse as it was send by Nani and she knows it was not bought for her but for Arnav's bride, may be to her liking. She anyway took the dress and went to washroom to try it on as she was not sure it will fit her. She doesn't want to get panicked at last moment so she thought to better be sure. Like she guessed, it doesn't fit her. she felt bad that they neglected the fact that the bride was replaced but she knows not to ponder on that thought much.Haven't she made compromise with her life too many times  to get disappointed. It is not the first time she was not considered and she knows it won't be the last too.

Arnav saw kushi walking with the dress to the washroom and after sometime coming out in the same dress she wore previously with the lehanga in her hand. He could see the worry and hesitance in kushi's face and her fingers fidgeting the lehanga in her hand. "Is there any problem?"

"Ji, the dress Nani send doesn't fit me.so is it okay if I wear something else?"

Arnav frowned. Why doesn't it fit her, it's not like she is fat. In fact if he lit a torch and see her, the light will pass, she is that slim, then what's the problem.

"What is the problem? can I help you to fix it"

"The skirt is too long and choli is so loose that it's dripping from shoulders"

"Oh, but how did it happen?"

"Obviously it was brought for Natasha, she must be taller than me"

"OH "he doesn't know how to respond. This should have  avoided if they were cautious.He can read from Khushi's face she is disappointed with their negligence .

"I will just talk to Nani and get a  new dress."Arnav suggested

"No its okay, I will talk to her "without waiting for a reply she walked out of the room living the lehanga in recliner.

Kushi knocked the Nani's room door. Nani was engrossed in a talk with Manorama when Kushi came to her room.

"Come in bitiya," Nani invited Kushi to her room as soon as she found her new daughter in law at the door.

"Naniji, the dress you send with Hpji doesn't fit me, so is it okay if I wear something else?."

"Oh Bitiya, I am sorry I didn't realize, it skipped from my mind that it was not bought for you, you go to you room bitiya, I will arrange a dress for you before the function."

"Naniji, It's okay naniji, I will manage.I will wear one of my dresses"

"It's not about the dress bitiya, it is about the tradition.we are introducing you both as our children's wife. The new addition to our family. so the brides are supposed to be adorned with the things which her new family give her.so it is my duty to give you that."

"Oh" Kushi nodded her hear understandingly

"Can you ask Chote to come and see me immediately bitiya?"

"Ji naniji "Kushi bid her bye to Nani and Mami and returned to her room to call Arnav.

"We shouldn't have done that Manorama, how could I just send the dress designed for Natasha to Kushi , she must have felt bad."

"You are right sasuma, we should have been more careful especially when she is so understanding and accommodating from what I have understood. You know sasuma she has something in her that make me feel happy, something  so good. When I first saw her during Akash's engagement and seeing her enthusiasm I so wished to get her too as our Bahu . when Arnav agreed for marriage she was the one first came to my mind, but was hesitant knowing Guptas were not planning her marriage anytime soon but then Natasha happened. Then I thought if not for Arnav I will ask her for our NK. Looks like destiny had other plans'.