Part 5

Khushi is an early raiser. She woke up early due to her habit to find herself under a blanket. She felt a calmness knowing it was done by Arnav. She felt happy with his small gesture and felt welcomed in his life. She smiled to herself looking at the seeping form next to her ,her husband.

Khushi quickly completed her morning rituals without making noises. she doesn't want to disturb Arnav's sleep. Khushi was combing her hair when Arnav woke up.

"Good morning" Arnav wished her.

"Good morning" Khushi wished him back.

Do you take coffee in bed? Khushi made her first attempt to know her husband's habits.

"No, I just take juice before going for jog. Nani will be in Pooja room if you wish to join her for morning arthi.I will come downstairs after freshening up"

"Ji" Khushi gave him a smile and went downstairs to join Nani for Morning Prayer.

Khushi took the blessing of the elderly lady who blessed her Wholeheartedly. Khushi started helping Devayani in preparations without her asking anything, Devayani felt happy that khushi took the responsibility of a daughter in law without any hesitance. Soon they were joined by Manohar and Manorama and later Anjali and shyam. When they were about to finish arathi Arnav too joined them .After arthi Arnav took Nani's blessing. Nani asked Khushi to give Prasad to everyone and she obliged. She took blessings of mama mami after giving Prasad to them and proceeded to Anjali and shyam. Shyam gave her a polite smile while his wife just ignored her and asked mami about Akash and Payal

"mami, Akash didn't wake up till now."

"Rani sahiba, he must be sleeping . They must be tired after all these days of hustle bustle. Shyam answered for mami.

Nani noticed Anjali's behavior . She didn't want Khushi to feel any awkwardness so she quickly asked Khushi "Bitiya, there is a ritual pehali rasoi,New brides should prepare some sweet dish for her in laws, Are you okay to perform the ritual?"

"Ji Naniji" khushi answered her with a smile

"Bitiya, Hariprakash will help you" and turned to her daughter in law," Manorama ...will you take Khushi  bitiya to the kitchen and help her with things?"

"Sure sasuma, After all it's my right, isn't? Come Bitiya, I will help you"Manorama was happy to help her daughter in law.

Khushi nodded and walked towards kitchen accompanied by Manorama not before giving a smile to her husband. As per Manorama's instructions Khushi made sugar free Kheer for Arnav, She felt sad to know her husband was diabetic. She was a person who could not live without sweets. She took it upon herself willingly to prepare breakfast. Manorama liked Khushi's gesture and joined willingly in breakfast making. They were about to finish when Payal came to kitchen. Payal took Manorama blessings and joined Khushi to finish rest of the work. Manorama asked her to prepare something sweet as it's her pehli rasoi too. Which she immediately agreed to. After half an hour Khushi and Payal arranged the table for the first meal together with their new family.

Raizadas were pleased with the culinary skill of their both daughters in law especially Khushi considering the number of items she prepared for breakfast. Elders of Raizada family gave their blessing along with some family jewels to both their bahus while shyam and Anjali gave them couple watches. Surprising every one Arnav gave Akash and Payal a honeymoon ticket to Italy. 

After breakfast everyone retired to their room. Arnav was working something in his laptop when Khushi entered the room. She went near the dressing table where her bags were kept. She took a box from bag and along with the box and jewelry given by Raizadas she went near Arnav. Arnav noticed Khushi coming towards him so he stopped working and looked  Khushi  expectedly to make a conversation only to find her hesitant. so he took the initiative and asked" you want something?"

"Ji, can you keep these somewhere safe? "she asked forwarding the things in her hand. That is when Arnav realized he hasn't made arrangements for keeping her things.He totally forgot the fact that with marriage not only a girl comes and occupy his room but her things too .

"I am so sorry. It skipped from my mind that I have to arrange space for your things too. I don't think moving my things will give much space. I will order a new cupboard, can you tell me your preference."

"No, it's completely fine, I will manage with this. Just have to keepthe jewelry safe"

"Oh no, it's not fine, you cannot go on like this for your whole life given this is your new home.so I will order it now itself.I should have done that earlier, any way tell me what type of arrangement you need .But for now come I will show you the safe, you could keep your jewelry's there."

He took her to the safe and opened it for her to keep her things. Khushi kept them in safe and moved back near bed so Arnav could lock them. Arnav was taken back with her behavior. He knows it will take time for her to get used to new life, so he told Khushi," it's you who has to use this so you don't have to move back.It's yours now to deal with.I think you forgot the fact that from now onwards this is your room too and things here are yours to manage"

Before they could continue their talk there was a knock in the door, Hp informed them naniji was calling them downstairs.

Nani invited both couples to sit with her, after they settled she addressed her granddaughter in laws "Khushi bitiya, we have arranged muh dekayi function today and have invited some of our close friends beforehand, so cancelling it will create unnecessary talks, is it okay for you to attend it?, otherwise we will just arrange it for Payal pitaya and make some excuse for Arnav's bride"

"It's okay nani, I will attend it"Khushi knows avoiding will cause more talks than attending.so she agree without much hesitance.

Nani had a grateful smile

"Come here Bitiya"Nani made her daughter inlaw sit near her and  gave a jewelry box to her".

This was Arnav's mother jewelry, which was given to her by her mother in law,so now I am giving you this in place of my daughter. If you could, please wear it during muh dikayi and I will send the dresses for the function with Hp"

"Payal bitiya, This one is for you, which I gave to your mother in law .I am giving this to you as Manorama insisted that I should give that to you both even though it's her right, I am sure she have arranged your dresses for the function too, am I right Manorama?"

"Ji sasuma, I will give you the dress bitiya, I hope you like it?"

Payal and Khushi took nani's and Monorama's blessing and Payal followed her mother in law to see the dress she bought for her and Khushi went back to her room.

"Arnav and Akash bitwa, make sure you both are free at evening during the function, especially you Arnav bitwa knowing your reluctance towards such events I am saying this and also because of the change in bride. I have made sure there are only few dear once but still Women will start gossiping, I don't want you to leave Khushi bitiya alone to face this. If you are with her nobody will dare to question anything.so make sure you are available."

"Ji nani, I will be there during the function, but please make sure your friends does not hurt Khushi with their snide comments"

"I will take care of that Bitwa"

Soon everyone left to their rooms. Arnav saw Khushi taking out something from her bags, seeing that he immediately called his manager to deliver the cupboard to his home at the earliest.

Khushi politely denied him when he asked her about her choice stating she will manage.

"Khushi you can't manage your whole life like this. You will need space to keep your things. so I am just making arrangement at the earliest.I should have made arrangement beforehand, but nevertheless I will do it now.

"It's okay Arnavji, Anyway I will be living for Mumbai after three days, my leave will be over by then.so I can manage like this for few days."

Arnav for some reason liked the way she addressed him. It give him a sense of belonging, but what the hell is she saying? She will leave after 3 days. Is he supposed to have a long distance relationship with her? He knew they needed time to settle in this new relation, especially for Khushi, as it was all sudden and unprepared for her, but how will they cope with the change if she is going to leave in 3 days and if she is leaving when will she return. Arnav heaved a sigh, they need to talk but that has to wait because there again stood HP knocking at the door.