Uninvited guests.

(Your POV)

The more Levi yelled at me to return to HQ, the faster I ran towards the purple light that had appeared into the evening-sky.

I heavily breathed in and out, hoping that I would see the two people I had missed the most.

My footsteps stomped loudly onto the wet grass while tiny drops damped the cuffs of my pants.

A warm smile appeared on my face when two women in familiar black portal-uniforms finally came into my vision.

The black-haired woman smirked and raised her arm in order to wave at me. It felt like I was going in slow-motion as I tightly embraced my friends.

They both were shocked because I usually wasn't someone to show affection this easily.

Yui looked embarrassed to the side while Ayame gently patted the top of my head. When I eventually released them from my hug I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Sorry...I missed you guys." I said but my smile quickly dissappeared the moment I spotted a nasty wound on Yui's shoulder.

The bespectacled woman only scoffed and pushed her round glasses up her nose.

"We've noticed, (Y/n). Don't worry about my shoulder, it's not that deep."

My eyes darkened ,staring at the fresh injury. Knowing what kind of monster might've caused it ,guilt stung in my chest.

"Nightcrawlers..." I muttered out, feeling my blood boil from the thought of them being hurt.

"Affirmative but nothing we couldn't handle, right Yu?" Ayame assured and softly elbowed Yui in the ribs.

I crossed my arms and looked down in shame, realising how much trouble I had caused for them.

One question remained, though...

How did they find me?

I opened my mouth in order to get some answers but closed it when the clicking of multiple guns entered my eardrums.

My friends now pointing their own laserguns towards something...or someone behind me.

Their faces held no expression, making me turn around to see the thing that threatened them so suddenly.

"L..Captain..." I whispered out, raising both my hands in the air ,signing Ayame and Yui to lower their weapons.

After all...I was still the leader of the team.

Levi stood there in full gear, his firearm directed towards the two women.

I furrowed my eyebrows while he narrowed his piercing eyes.

Suspicion and mistrust were written all over his face.

Panic made my heart beat faster as numerous other soldiers armed with guns, emerged from behind him and slowly surrounded us.

Including Commander Erwin who even sat on his horse.

Probably some sort of intimidation method.

"Guys...isn't this a little-"

"Shut your mouth." The Captain hissed.

Confusion hit me like a train because of his sudden change of mood.

The tender moment we shared not too long ago seemed already long forgotten the moment he pointed his weapon towards my friends.

I lowered my hands and bit my bottom-lip, trying not to make things worse. Swallowing a lump in my throat, I stayed silent.