Apologies

General Pixis seemed like a really nice man with a great interest in my own world. In the HQ library I explained our technology, tactics and such along with drawings and notes. The smell of alcohol en berries emerged from his mouth as he gave me a warm handshake before returning back to wherever he came from.

After that I was dismissed.

"Hanji, Levi and his squad will take you and Eren tomorrow for research. Be prepared, (Y/n)." I still hear Erwin say before ordering me to the mess hall.

Sighing deeply I sat myself next to Sasha who was binging potatoes like a madwoman. I wiped some leftovers aside and placed my cup of tea on the dark wooden table. Eren and Armin immediately questioned me about my little trip to the forest.

"How was it slaying your very first titan?" Eren asked.

I shrugged, stirring some sugar in my green tea. I was still worried about the Captain. His mood didn't seem to improve and all he did was send me glares along with some tongue-clicking. Hanji told me to not worry about it but I did feel bad.

"Better than expected. Altough my head still hurts from my involuntary hug from the tree there."

"You should get that checked out." Mikasa stated before telling Sasha to breath between here bites.

"I'm fine really. I had worse."

"I heard general Pixis also paid a visit also. How was that?" Armin continued.

"It was...interesting. Can't really get a grip on his character. I did learn alot about this place though. Can't believe you guys live like this. I also gave some information about the technology back home so I hope it will help you guys."

The others nodded with a smile. My thoughts drifted away again until only the soft murmuring of the soldiers was heard. They were all talking about their day, the training, their families,...

Families.

Mine weren't here anymore unfortunately. Mother and father both went missing 5 years ago after a secret mission.

Nightwalkers had trapped them and our Base lost connection with them soon after.

Thinking about them made my heart ache but I was proud that I was their daughter.

The only ones I have now is Ayame and Yui. They have been my trusted colleagues and friends for years...

"Are they searching for me?" I have been wondering every night.

"Are you going to sleep or not, stupid."

Nearly pushing over my tea-cup I found myself back in the present. Everyone was already gone which made me the only one here.

Exept for Levi who stared at me with great annoyance. He himself was holding a cup of tea aswel and from the smell of it I guessed it was lemon.

With a frown I just shook my head and slowly stood up until he stopped me.

"Wait...sit down"

Oh no...here we go...

I tapped my fingers against my own porcelain cup , not daring to look up at him.

He swung his muscular legs over the bench I sat on and for a few moment we sat there in silence.

Something that I hated the most was disappointing people and making them worry over nothing.

"That was a very stupid thing that you did..."

His voice seemed more gentle than usual. This was very strange to begin with so I decided to turn my head to face him.

But he wasn't looking at me.

Instead he stared out of the near window.

Into the darkness of the night.

I remained silent, sipping from my now-cold beverage.

Noticed the way he held his cup I wondered if that too was normal in this world.

"Just like you...I was just like you... impulsive, never thinking straight, didn't care about anyone but myself."

It was strange seeing him this way but it felt like he thought about what he was about to say.

"When I became Captain ...when I became responsible for all those soldiers ,I had to stop thinking like that. I had to start worrying about other people. I don't know how you do it back there but here we work as a team. Together. It won't work if you act like this..."

With that he stood up again and finally met my gaze. I now knew how reckless it was from me to go chase that titan alone. How worried the others had to be.

"I'm sorry...Levi." I whispered while he remained silent. His thin eyebrows frowned for a second, like he was thinking really hard.

Eventually he rested his hand on my shoulder after I looked down in shame.

"I know..."