Separation

Spring had finally made its way in Shinaganshina.

Flowers sent their lovely smells through the open window of the room while a slight breeze faintly blew across my skin, making me stirr underneath the warm sheets.
Rays of the upcoming sun enlightened even the darkest corners as I opened my eyes once more.

The first thing I felt when I woke up from my slumber weren't the heavy blankets weighing on my body...nor the fresh wounds still very present on my tainted skin.

It was the incredible soreness coming from my legs and hips along with numerous hickeys and faint bruises.

Man, I might need a wheelchair.

Unfortunatly the space beside me laid empty, meaning that Levi had already awoken from his short slumber.
My clothes, however, were neatly folded on a chair to my left accompanied by a clean grey shirt.

Presumably the Captains.

As I picked up the pile of clothing, I spotted a single blue flower, laying on the nightstand next to the bed. Its bright colour really standing out against the dark-brown shade of the wood.

Swinging my legs over the bed, I inspected the flower more closely, twirling it around between my fingertips.
I wasn't able to contain a little smile while warmth overtook my heart once again.

"Guess he has a soft side..."

Setting the fragile flower down, I collected my clothes again, taking in the alluring scent of Levi's grey shirt before heading to the bathroom.

Wait, where is the bathroom?

"YAHOO, (Y/N) HOW ARE YOU MY LITTLE SUNFLOWER?!" Hange hollered, barging into the room as a grin formed in the corners of her mouth.
I nearly screamed out of surprise, dropping the things I was holding instantly.

The bespectacled woman didn't really seem to care as she continued to run towards me and tackle me into a tight hug.

Feeling my burns underneath the bandages reopen because of the sudden friction, I sucked the air through my teeth. Signaling her to not be so rough.

Hange was quick to let me go, holding out her hands in front of her in a defensive manner.

"Sorry, force of habit." She chuckled but immediately changed her extactic facial expression to something more serious.

Noticing the sudden change of atmosphere I tilted my head in question, scraping up the fabrics in front of my feet.

"Hange? What's wrong?"

(Levi's POV)

Last night was...extraordinary...to say the least.

The way both our bodies harmonizing up...our movements...kisses...touch.

Even better than I had ever imagined and I wished I could appreciate the moment a little longer.

Sadly, reality didn't agree with us and after Hange's speculation about Eren possibly being eaten alive... time became of the essence.

We were all preparing for the rescue mission when my eyes suddenly caught movement on top of the stairs before seeing (Y/n) and Hange make their way downstairs.

As usual, shitty-glasses didn't shut her blabber for one second while (Y/n) did her best to keep up with her rant.

At first I wasn't sure how to react after our rough night together but couldnt surpress a smirk, watching her basically limp off the stairs.
When she caught my gaze, her cheeks reddened as I cleared my throat before hoisting the heavy backpack over my shoulders.