Changing my destiny

Once Seth decapitated head hit the ground, I slowly let the metal slip between my fingers. It clattered against the ground while processing everything that had happened inside my head.

The anger faded away. Only sadness remained and my eyes wondered to the corpse...once my dear friend.

I thought about Ayame back home, probably preparing her confession to Yui. Thinking about their future together. Not knowing that the skin of the woman she loved now... felt stone-cold.

I'm sorry.

"Miss...the cave is collapsing. We need to move." One of Seths subjects said as I took a deep breath in.

Levi didn't say anything after he drew his blade out of Seths body, putting it back in his sheath with a low grunt.

The Captain simply guided my forehead towards his lips, giving me a small peck before picked my friend up and hoisting her over his broad shoulder.

He took my hand while everyone else of the organisation used some special climbing equipment (probably from back home) to escape the cave.

"Let's go, (Y/n)."

I obliged, leaving Seth behind me without a single glance back.

It was time for me to leave my past behind, for good. The pain and torture he carved into my heart will eventually heal and I will keep cherishing the good things that crossed my path.

Every end is always a new beginning and now I had someone to fight for.

To live for.

Once we both landed on the surface, I spotted the enormous titan making its way towards the city. The monster dragged its face against the ground and saw how squad Levi desperately tried to keep him from going any further towards the city.

I cleared my throat that was still a little sore from the screaming and crying earlier as I let go of Levi's hand and pointed towards the titan.

"Levi...your comrades need you. The titan-"

"The titan can wait. I am needed here." He stated after carefully placing Yui down on the grass.
He turned to me, clearly still angry because I had disobeyed him again.

"Levi...I know I took a big risk going -"

Suddenly he softly put his fingers against my lips, shaking his head before exhaling.

"I don't want to waste our time together in anger anymore. I already know you're stubborn as all hells and I should've known that you were going to hunt them down..."

I let out a meaningless scoff and stared into his eyes. The instant we connected ,a sense of home engulfed me completely. Making me almost lose my composure in his intimidating gaze.

Levi trickled his fingers from my lips down to my chin. Brushing his thumb back and forth in a longing way.

"You know...From the moment we just met... I had a hard time expressing my feelings. Whenever you stood in front of me I felt so...irritated and angry...but I wasn't angry with you. I was angry with myself that every time I wanted to tell you about my feelings...the words just...stifled. Sometimes I wanted to open up and tell you how I truly felt... guess I was too scared." Levi stopped for a split-second ,closing the space between us even more as I tried to control my ragged breathing.

Is he...confessing?

"I realise life's too damn short...I love you, (Y/n) and please know that I'll love you 'till the end."