How long will I stay?

After the trial, I followed Erwin and the rest of the soldiers towards what they call 'HQ'. It was a place where everyone of the Survey Corpse apparantly resided in if they weren't on a mission beyond the walls.

For what I had gathered so far there where three main walls surrounding this land, Maria, Rose and Sina. Within each one of them there were different cities and districts.

My head started to hurt from all of this new information but I tried absorbing as much as possible.

Wait until I get back home...Yui will be so jealous.

This so called HQ actually looked like a small castle. Laying in the middle of a forest with some training grounds surrounding it to practice hand-to- hand combat, I guessed. It wasn't even that far from where I crashed with my portal.

Probably the reason why they found me so quickly.

Once we entered, the hallways were filled with numerous people in uniforms. Some, fairly young and others a bit older of age.
Walking a bit further we stopped at what seemed to be some sort of office.

It smells like lemons in here...

"Now that you've accepted the deal it seems that proper introductions are in order. You've already met the Corporal of the Survey Corpse , Levi Ackerman?" Erwin asked as he lifted up his arm to point towards the raven-haired man.

The supposed Corporal just clicked his tongue as I politely nodded in return. I had a gut feeling that this cold interaction wouldn't be the last one towards me.

"Hanji Zoë and Mike Zacharias are both Squad-Leaders as well." Erwin continued.

Hanji grinned widely while Mike leaned over before taking a long, big whiff.

Did he just...?!

For a second, I backed away and looked at Erwin with a concerned look.

He only smiled apologetically.

Mike finally pulled away and nodded sternly, like I was somehow approved.

Strange people you have here...But back home we have some strange ones aswell so I guess I can't complain too much.

"Ackerman will take you to meet his own squad later on ,but first I would like to know what exactly happened today. Both Hanji and Levi noticed a change of behaviour halfway through your trial."

Damn...Guess there's no point in denying it now...

"I...let my imagination get the better of me." I explained, fiddling with my fingers and pointing my head towards the ground. Everyones attention, immediately pointed at me as I sat myself down on the nearby couch.
Levi leaned against the wall to my right as Mike, Erwin and Hanji kept standing in front of me.

"Go on." Erwin insisted.

A deep breath escaped my lips while I collected my thoughts for a second.

"They're called Nightcrawlers. They live in between dimensions." I started.

"Whenever we Travellers use a portal we first have to enter 'The Between', ...Original name, I know." I smirked before continuing my story.