Part 55

Klarissa's POV

My bear feet were cold against the marble bathroom floor. I had a towel wrapped around my body and my hair was wet from the shower. Slowly, I ran my fingertips through my hair and looked at myself in the mirror. Even though I have only been living here for such a short time, I have changed and so has my life. I have witnessed people do drugs, get murdered, and even beaten on my behalf. But most importantly, I found someone who I could see myself spending the rest of my life with.

"Can you help me?" Lorenzo's asked interrupting my thoughts.

I turned around and saw that Lorenzo was struggling to pull his black buttoned down shirt off. Giving him a confused look, I tightened my towel and walked towards him.

"Sure." I said as I started to help him remove his shirt.

"Are you doing alright?" I asked in a small tone. I had no idea how to even approach this situation. The last thing that I wanted to do was push the subject of Anika to far.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you okay?" he countered in an indifferent tone.

"I just feel so sorry for her. A part of me knows this is my fault." I whispered. Even though Anika was everything but my friend, I still wouldn't wish what happened tonight on her. If anything, I owe her for what she saved me from.

"Don't. She wouldn't want your pity." he said back to me.

"Have you heard anything from anyone?" I asked as I began to pull the shirt off his shoulders.

"No, the last thing I heard was that she was in surgery." he said simply.

"When do you think-"

I couldn't even finish my sentence once I finally removed his shirt. On his side, he had a long bloodied bandaged securely taped. The memory of this morning and the bloody bedsheets came to my mind.

"What happened?" I asked with worry.

"I got into a little argument, that's all." he said in a soft voice.

"With who?" I asked as I watched him start to pick at the edges of the bandage.

"Does it really matter?" he snapped as he closed his eyes with pain.

My heart hurt at his harsh words, but the last thing I wanted to do was start arguing so I kept quiet. Instead I walked closer to him and I gently pulled his hands away from his side. He hesitated for a second, before he allowed me to help him. Slowly, I started to pull the tape off of his skin.

"It was your brother." he said.

I stopped for a moment and looked up at him.

"My brother stabbed you?!" I asked with horror.

"He was at the door last night and he was very angry. Things started to get out of hand and he pulled out his knife." he admitted.

"What happened to him?" I asked quietly. If I know one thing about Lorenzo, he wasn't going to just let someone stab him and them not receive any type of consequence.

Once I took off the tape, I removed the bandaged which revealed a huge cut. The stitches that were holding the the gash together were torn and the cut was bleeding a lot.

"Ciro beat his face in. But if you were asking if he is dead, then the answer is no." Lorenzo said as he turned to look at his cut in the mirror.

I didn't respond to his words and just walked over to the cabinet to get a towel to clean his wound.

"Well shit." Lorenzo mumbled as he pulled at the surrounding skin.

"Don't pull at it." I scolded as I approached him with a cool wet towel.