Part 32

Klarissa's POV

Once I got dressed again, I looked over to Lorenzo. He was sitting on the edge of the bed while tying his shoes.

"So are you going to tell me what that scar was from?" I asked him as I stood in front of him. I don't understand why it's so hard for him to open up to me about his past. It's not like I'm going to judge or shame him for what happened.

"Why do you want to know so badly?" he asked as he groaned frustratedly. 

"Because you never talk about anything like this. You always keep everything important inside." I said as I ran my finger tips through his hair.

"Some things just don't need to be discussed." he said as he pulled my hand away from him. 

My heart sunk at his rejection. I really hate when he shuts down like this, it only ever makes things worse.

"Lorenzo don't act like that!" I said in a hurt tone.

"Act like what Klarissa? Am I not allowed to not want to talk about things that I went through!" he said angrily.

"I just want to know you better, that's all! But shame on me I guess." I said angrily to him. I could see the anger in his eyes increase at my words.

"Fine! You want to know how I got that scar?! I was 16 and I fucked up a job, and when my father found out he was pissed. He took me down to the basement and beat me for hours. When he was finally done with me, he took his knife and used it to cut me open. He did it so I would remember my lesson and not make the same mistake twice." he said back to me. I could feel the pain and anger pouring off of him. 

After he told me the story, the memory of Ciro and I's car ride came to mind. I realized that the night that Ciro was telling me about was the same as the one Lorenzo told me.

"I-i." I stuttered as I touched his arm. I had no idea what to say or do after his outburst.

"Get off of me." he said as he moved out of my grasp. He then got up and walked over towards the door. 

"No, please don't leave." I said as I wrapped my arms around myself. I wish that I hadn't pushed him to this point. After what we just did together, I though he would have calmed down a bit more.

"I need space from you. If I stay, I'll say something that I'll regret later." he said as he slid the door open and left me alone.

I felt like my head was spinning from what just happened. Why can't he just stay and talk things through rather than just walking out? 

I then walked over to the bed and got underneath the covers. A few tears escaped my eyes as I replayed what just happened in my head. He'll never know the pain he puts me though every time he walks out when things get difficult.

--------------------------

When I woke up, I was in the same place as I was when I feel asleep. However, I felt a body laying down next to me. At first I thought it was Lorenzo until I saw my sister.

"You're finally awake." my sister said as she hugged me.

"Yeah." I said as I sat up in the bed and tied my hair up from my face.

"Are you okay? Lorenzo looked pretty pissed when he came out of here earlier. I couldn't hear anything, but I just assumed you guys were arguing." she whispered to me.

"We just had had an argument, everything is fine though." I said with a fake smile. There was no way that I was about to get into everything that happened between Lorenzo and I now. He's to close and I didn't want him to hear me talking about him.