Part 27

Klarissa's POV

It was 7:30 by the time we all sat down to eat dinner. The whole day I had been exploring the house's grounds with my sister. I had been amazed by the overall beauty and calm essence of this whole place.

Unfortunately, Lorenzo had business that required him to be cooped up in his office all day. I know that I shouldn't be upset with him, but I can't help it. I came to Italy to spend time with him and to meet his family. However, he did promise that he would take me out into the city tomorrow, to make up for his disappearance. 

Once all the food was placed on the table, we all began to serve ourselves. As soon as my plate was full, I started to eat. I was absolutely starving because I hadn't eaten anything since this morning. 

"Everyone is coming to dinner tomorrow to see you boys. Especially you Ciro! I can't believe you are going to be 18." Auntie said excitedly to the table. 

"How many are coming?" Lorenzo said as he served himself more food.

"Just a few of your cousins, Aunts, and Uncles." she said while giving him a grin. From Lorenzo's expression I could tell that he wasn't believing what she was saying. I was getting the impression that a few wasn't actually just a few.

"That means that I'll get more gifts." Ciro said with a satisfied grin.

"Like you don't already have everything you want. Lorenzo gives you the family bank card whenever you want. Luca and I actually have to convince him." Ricco said as he rolled his eyes.

"You're just jealous." Ciro said with a satisfied expression. I could tell he was enjoying this argument. 

"Damn right I'm jealous. You literally bought yourself a new sports car a week ago with that card. I couldn't even tell you the last time I even saw the card." Ricco said getting slightly more annoyed. 

"Boys enough!" Auntie said as she raised her hands. I could tell that she wasn't really interested in listening to their arguing.

Ricco shot Lorenzo an annoyed look and he just laughed. It was clear that Lorenzo's favorite brother was Ciro, and the other brothers were obviously annoyed by it. 

-----------------------------

Once dinner was done, I thanked Auntie for the food and headed up to my room. The jet lag was catching up to me and I wanted to be rested for my date tomorrow with Lorenzo. 

When I got into the room, I went into the bathroom to take a shower. I didn't take long in there because I was exhausted and wanted to go to sleep. After bathing, I hand dried my hair with a towel and brushed my teeth. 

After I put on my pajamas, I heading into the bedroom and threw myself onto the bed. I then quickly got underneath the blankets trying to get warm.

Right when I was about to go to sleep, I heard the door open loudly. Rolling over on my side, I looked over to see who entered the room. 

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" he asked as he walked towards to the bed.

"No." I said as I closed my eyes again.

He then walked away and into the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on and the next thing I knew I was asleep.

Lorenzo's POV

I woke up to the light shining down through the blinds. Something that I always enjoying about Florence, was the mornings. The suns rays are feel different here than they do in New York. Maybe it's because this is home to me.