Part 33

Klarissa's POV

It was impossible for me to enjoy breakfast this morning. My thoughts were all scrambled and I'm sure the poor sleep quality that I got last night wasn't helping.

"Rissa are you going to finish food?" my mother asked.

"I'm just not feeling so well this morning. I think it's probably just the jet lag." I explained to her. What I told her wasn't a complete lie. The idea of consuming any type of food was making me want to throw up.

My sister shot me a suspicious look before she turned back to her plate. Once I got completely disgusted by the smell of the food, I excused myself and went back up to my room. I then walked over to the bed and laid down.

The whole night I was tossing and turning. I hated going to bed knowing that Lorenzo and I were in the middle of an argument. Me thinking that I might also be pregnant didn't really help me sleep either.

"Klarissa, someone is here to pick you guys up." I heard my brother say through the door.

"Okay, thanks Mat." I said loudly as I got up and started to collect my items.

I then heard my bedroom door swing open. Mat had a concerned look on his face as he watched me pack my things.

"Are you sure you are fine?" he asked as he walked closer to me.

"Yeah, I just have jet lag." I told him as I avoided eye contact. Mateo is the last person that I want to have this conversation with since I know how much he hates Lorenzo.

"Okay, but why are you here?" he asked me slowly.

"You're so rude Mateo!" I said as I glared at him.

"No, I didn't mean it like that! Like I just thought it was a little weird that you are here. Did something happen with you and Lorenzo?" he said.

"Everything is fine, just stop asking me questions." I said as I pushed past him.

I heard him mumble something under his breath, but he didn't follow me. When I finally reached the entrance, I saw Alicia waiting for me with her numerous bags.

"You ready?" my sister asked me in an excited tone.

"Yeah." I said softly back to her.

After I said goodbye to everyone, Alicia and I got in the car.

"So spill." my sister said as the car drove away from the house.

"Spill what?" I asked.

"What's wrong with you? You've been acting so weird ever since you went up to bed last night." she said to me.

"It's nothing. I just didn't get any sleep last night." I told her as I looked out the window.

She let out a huff, but didn't push the subject any further. I tried my best to enjoy the ride to the estate, but I couldn't. The anticipation of having to have a conversation with Lorenzo was starting to give me anxiety. I also had to figure out a way to get some pregnancy tests without anyone knowing.

After about 30 minutes of driving, we finally arrived at the estate. I immediately got out of the car and headed inside the house. Upon entering the house, I saw Gianna walking up the stairs. An idea immediately shot through my head as soon as I saw her.

"Gianna!" I said loudly after her.

She immediately stopped in her tracks and turned around.

"Rissa! Come here." she said as she waved her hand at me.