Part 29

Klarissa's POV

After we all sang Ciro happy birthday, the staff immediately started to cut the cake into individual pieces. The cake was a 5 tiered vanilla cake with a green and white frosting. Just by the look of it, I knew that it was going to be delicious.

When I turned to ask Lorenzo if it was okay for me to get some, I saw that he was talking to a group of men in Italian. He seemed like he was having a good time, so I didn't want to disrupt him.

I pondered a second, as I tried to figure out what I should do. As much as my mouth watered at the though of the cake, I wasn't sure how Lorenzo would feel about me going by myself. However, I let my sweet tooth win over and I decided that I was going to go without him. I quickly untangled his arm that was wrapped around my waist, and headed towards the dessert table.

As I walked, I watched all the people around me. Some were on the dance floor dancing, some where drinking at the bar, and some were even making out on the couch. It was interesting to watch how different Italians and Spanish people party. 

Right when I was about to approach the dessert table, a napkin on the floor got stuck on my heel, which caused me to slip. When I started to fall, I felt strong arms wrap around my waist.

As soon as I turned to look who saved me, my eyes were met with green piercing ones. At first I thought it was Lorenzo, until I got a better look at his face.

"Whoa, are you okay?" the man asked in a too sweet of a tone.

"Yeah, I just lost my balance." I said as I got my footing back. Even though I was standing perfectly fine now, the man wouldn't remove his arm from around my waist. I also saw a twisted smile spread over his face as his hands started to travel farther down my body.

"What's your name Bella." the man said against my skin. I hated how this man just called me the name that Lorenzo does. I almost hated it as much as I hated his hands all over my body.

"I--." I stuttered. The last thing I wanted to do was give this man my name. But it might be the only way for me to get out of the situation I was currently in.

"Trying to be mysterious aren't you? Don't worry, I like a challenge." he whispered. I then felt his hands start to lift up the bottom of my dress. His hands travel all the way up until he got to my underwear. I started to violently thrash in this arms in an effort to get him off of me. 

"Get off of me!" I said to him as I tried to get away. I could feel tears well up in my eyes due to the panic. I wasn't prepared for what he is about to do to me.

The next thing I know I was being pulled off of this man, and was engulfed in someones arms. That someone was Lorenzo, he had found me.

"Get off her Cesare!?" Lorenzo yelled as he approached the man.

"What the fuck Lorenzo!? You just interrupted my time with this whore!" Cesare yelled as he drew his gun. As soon as Cesare pulled his gun out, everyone stopped to look. Most of the guests even drew theirs and pointed it at Cesare.

"This isn't some whore. She is my girlfriend." Lorenzo growled loudly. He had his eyes were trained on Cesare's gun. I could tell he was planning his next move.

"And what are you planning on doing with that gun anyway? Are you going to shoot me? Because you know if you do, my men will fucking end you." Lorenzo said as he stepped closer to the gun. He then leaned his forehead against the end of the gun, showing that he wasn't afraid.