Part 37

Lorenzo's POV

3 days later...

The last few days have been really calm and drama free. Lately I've been able to take time off work and spending the extra time with Klarissa. We've definitely learned more about each other which has been good.

The only type of stress that I was feeling was last night when Ciro came home. Just like I expected, he was still drunk and high from whatever he did the last night in Fiji. Even though the girls showed him their unique party techniques, he said that he still wanted to be invited on the next trip. Honestly I'm just glad they brought him back alive.

However, last night I noticed a weird vibe coming from the girls. They kept looking between each other and speaking quietly in Chinese about something. I asked Ciro if they said anything to him, but he said no. He did say that Anika sat out the festivities on the last night though. I thought it was really odd but I didn't ask anything further. If something is actually wrong I'm sure I'll hear about it soon enough.

Currently I was sitting in my office making last minute adjustments to the Christmas Party. Since it's tomorrow, I really don't have any more time to change to much.

As soon as I finished the arrangements, I heard a loud knock on my door. The only two people that knock that aggressively on my door aren't afraid of me. I knew that it was either Ciro or Portia and Anika.

"Come in." I said as I closed my laptop.

"Hi." Anika said as she pushed the door open and immediately closed it behind her.

"Hey, is Portia not here?" I asked as I gave her a confused look. Honestly I can't even remember the last time I saw those two apart.

"No she's home with some guy." Anika said as she walked over to take a seat.

Her whole demeanor was off. She's usually very witty and sharp whenever we speak.

"We need to talk about something important." she said as she commanded the conversation. She's usually very calculating and quiet in a conversation, so I knew this was important.

I noticed she had a raw expression on her face. The type of look that I've only seen a couple of time in her life.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I asked with anxiety in my voice.

She opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it. I could see that she was obviously struggling to tell me what she was thinking.

"Anika, what—"

"I'm pregnant." she blurted out.

My eyes all but popped out of their sockets. This has to be a joke, right? The only thing that stopped me from asking if she was serious, was her expression. When she silently confirmed she wasn't messing with me I froze.

A thousand things ran through my mind. Was she planning on keeping it? Is she going to be quitting work? Does she need more money? And why is she even telling me about this right now?

However, there was one question that I was dying to know the answer to. And that was who was the babies father?

"I-i...wow. I don't know what to say." I told her honestly.

"Well, I don't know what to do." She said as her voice started to break. Shock ripped through my body as I watched her cry. Never in our entire lives have we seen each other cry. My heart was breaking as I watched her body rise and fall due to her sobs.