4| A Strange Party

Published on 21st February 2021.
__________________________

Vote, comment, share, follow...

Happy reading.....

– D H R U V –

– D H R U V –

"Dr Dhruv!"

While I was walking towards my room, I heard someone calling my name. I turned back and saw the same lady who collided with me that day.

"Do you remember me? I'm Samaira." She said and I nodded. "Will you-" She was about to say something but my call interrupted me.

"Excuse me." I said and picked Ayaan's call. "Hello."

"Hello Dhruv. I'm having a party tonight. Would you like to join?"

"No." I answered monosyllably.

"Please man. I promise it would be a 100% non-alcoholic party. I'm really in loss in count of people. I'm requesting you."

"But I have some work to do."

"Work can be done afterwards. Please. If not for me, then your sister." He said and I closed my eyes.

"I'll tell you in a few minutes." I said before cutting the call. Walking towards my room, I sat on my chair and sighed until Vikas barged inside.

"What's the matter?" He asked while sitting on the chair opposite to me.

"Nothing. Divya's husband invited me in a party."

"So go."

"But I need to be present here. What if there's an emergency?"

"Then don't geo."

"But it's my sister's party."

"Then go." He said and I glared. "You can leave your work for a shift. It's not that all patients need you. You need to enjoy your life too."

I nodded and decided to reach there late in evening. I texted him about my answer and continued my work.

♤♡♤♡♤♡

Walking inside the party, I checked the surroundings and inspected the drinks to be non-alcoholic as Ayaan told me about using no alcohol in this party.

"Hi!" A girl appeared out of nowhere and said.

"Hello." I said while sipping water. Soft drinks are slow poison.

"Would you like to be my dance partner?"

"I'm sorry."

"If you don't know how to dance, I'll teach you."