23| Long Time, No See

Published on 1st November 2021.
_____________________________

Heyy.... *Hides in a corner*
It's been a long time, I know that.

It's a short chapter.

Next one will be updated soon.

– D H R U V –

"Did you hear about-"

"I'm busy Vikas."

"Your wish." He sighed and sat beside the patient I was checking blood pressure of. "Hi." He greeted the patient and she returned him a smile. Not in my room!

I cleared my throat and spoke, "Your blood pressure is low. Have a CBC test and increase your sugar intake. Go out for a walk, have some fresh air and don't take stress. I'm writing some medicines for emergency."

The girl stood up and exchanged a smile with Vikas, standing immobile as if they'd never meet again. I again cleared my throat and she immediately ran out.

"Why did you fear the girl away?" He asked and I sighed.

"You know why I did that. Your patients are enough for you, stop engaging with mine. And, what brought you here?"

"Our staff is going out tonight. Are you joining too?"

"Sorry to put you down but I have plans tonight." I said and saw his eyes widening. "What's the matter?"

"Plans? Who's the lucky girl?"

"No-one. There's an engagement."

"You're marrying! I'm your bestfriend yet you never told me! Is our friendship this weak?"

"Stop being melodramatic Vikas. It's not my ceremony. It's Sehgal group's president's engagement." Shrey called me to inform about his engagement. From his voice it was easily understood that he was over the top and I couldn't disagree at any cost.

"He invited you!" He pointed towards me with anger and then turned it towards himself, "Not me?"

"He's Ayaan's bestfriend. You can accompany me if you want to."

"No, I'm not interested. I'll opt for the party." He exited the room, owing to his urinary pressure.

♤♡♤♡♤♡

I stepped inside the extravagantly decorated hall and sighed as I had nothing to do. Even the function didn't start as there were half-an-hour left to it. I couldn't even strike a conversation with someone.

I now regret making no friends. Vikas is there but he stays till hospital, not to the venues I visit.

I sat on one of the couches and turned my gaze around the place, stopping only when I saw a familiar figure. Natasha stood there, smiling at Dr Samaira as if she was going to kill her.