20| Not So Nice Dream

Published on 14th September 2021.
________________________________

Vote, comment, share, follow...
Happy reading.

– D H R U V –

– D H R U V –

"Don't worry. It's just piles."

"Just?"

"You can control it from growing. There's nothing to worry and hype about." I said and the patient smiled awkwardly before getting up from his chair. "What's the matter? Have a seat."

"I'm fine. I'll get going." Without waiting for me to speak, he ran out. What the hell was that? I'm his doctor and there's nothing to shy about.

"Hey!"

"What happened?" Vikas walked into my room and asked.

"How would I know? That patient ran away without saying anything." I stood up from my chair and he sighed before smiling.

"Don't worry and sit down." I did as he said and took a deep breath. This was the first time such a thing happened. Why did he run away? "There's a letter on your name."

"I guess it's from the one of the universities." I sighed and stood up. "I'll go and check it. Till then, do whatever you want to." I walked out to reception and asked for the letter on my name. Receiving the envelope, I mumbled thanks and walked back.

On my way, my gaze went towards a lady with familiar kind of hairs, who was leaning on a man's shoulder.

Hairs?

Well, yes.

Strange!

"How are you Dr Dhruv?" I turned my head towards the voice and saw an old lady greeting me. She was an old patient of mine.

"I'm fine. How is your joint pain now?"

"It's good." She smiled, "Better than before. All thanks to your medications."

"I did nothing much. Every doctor would've done the same. It's you who had a proper control over your diet and activities."

"You talk so sweetly. I wonder when you'll find the right one for yourself." She spoke and I mentally banged my head on wall. Enough! Why is everyone behind me on this marriage issue? Am I getting too old? "May you get married as early as possible!" I faked a tight-lipped smile at her and excused myself.

While walking ahead, my gaze went to the owner of the hairs I saw a few minutes back. Natasha! That's the reason it felt too familiar.

The man standing beside her kept his hand on her back and kissed her head. What the hell? Who was he? Why was he kissing her?