26| Being Single

Published on 3rd December 2021.
___________________________________

*Hides in a corner*
Don't kill me.

I know I'm late. Actually, extremely late.
But, here you go.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, follow...
Happy reading.

– N A T A S H A –

– N A T A S H A –

"Will you marry me, love?" The man in front of me whom I couldn't even see because of the darkness spoke and I widened my eyes.

L... Love?

"Natasha?"

"No."

Why the hell was I feeling sad?

"What?" I heard him say in complete sadness. The lights turned on and I saw Dhruv kneeling on his knees. "Bye!"

Why did I say no to him?!

I'm so stupid!

"Wait for me!" I shouted and ran after him. I tripped on the way and immediately looked up with determination, only to see his back fading away. I'm so unlucky!

My eyes opened and I found myself sleeping on the bed. So, all this was a dream? I guess so. I yawned and shifted around my place, only to feel someone engulfing me tightly from back.

As per what I remember, I sleep alone on my bed.

How come I have a company today?

A ghost?

I turned back and saw the same face which I saw last night.

Dhruv!

Half of his shirt was unbuttoned while his glasses were laid on the bedside table. My fingers went near his face as I touched him. He looked too innocent bare face, without glasses. No! But it was true.

I pulled the quilt up to check my dress and thankfully, it was on my body. It's good that nothing happened last night. But, what were we doing together on the bed?!

I thought I was dreaming last night.

How come it turned into a reality?

While I was busy thinking about different scenarios, my phone rang out of a sudden, waking him up.

I'm gone!

Without waiting to get a scold from him, I stood up from the bed and ran away as far as I could from him. "I'M SORRY IF I DID ANYTHING INAPPROPRIATE LAST NIGHT!" I bowed down in front of his wide awake form and ran towards the door after taking my phone with me.