13| Silly Distractions

Published on 5th July 2021.
________________________

Vote, comment, share, follow...
Happy reading.

– D H R U V –

– D H R U V –

I was busy in checking the files of a patient of mine when I heard someone knocking on the door. "Come in." I said without moving my gaze from the file.

Hearing someone clearing her throat, I raised my eyes up and saw Dr Samaira standing infront of me with a folder in her hands. She smiled and I nodded, asking her to speak.

"I have a doubt in a case. Can you help me?" She asked and I nodded. She forwarded the file to me and I flipped the pages to check the condition of the patient. It was tricky, but not hard enough for a doctor with as much experience as her. She's inexperienced, I told you!

In the meantime, I recieved a call from mumma. Excusing myself, I picked it up and heard mumma asking me if I had my lunch. She was not asking but shouting on me.

"Mumma, I've had it an hour ago."

"Oh... Don't stress yourself. Don't be late tonight. I'll be cooking your favourite dishes." She said and I hummed.

"I have some work. I'll keep the call. Bye." I said before cutting the call. Returning back, I sat on my seat and looked upon the details in file. "This case is similiar to the one I looked upon last year."

"Really?" She said and I nodded. "Can I see the file of your patient?" She asked and I shook my head in agreement.

"Wait for a minute. I need to observe this file first."

"No problem. I'll find the file myself. Can you tell me, in which shelf it is?"

"Tenth drawer from the right side. Patient number 1784, Vivan Roy." I answered and drifted my attention back to the details of her patient. The case with the patient I treated an year ago and the one Dr Samaira was treating now was almost similar.

Half of my attention was on the file, the rest being on the drawers she was inspecting. I could never trust anyone with the confidential information other than me, myself.

She pulled the grey file out and turned the pages to read the details. "Yes, it's almost same." She smiled and walked towards me. Before I could stop her, she tripped and fell over me.

If she doesn't know how to walk, what's the need to wear heels?!

Hearing the sound of door of my room moving, I turned my gaze there, only to find a lady's disappearing figure. A patient?

Sensing Dr Samaira still over me, I cleared my throat and turned my gaze to the other side. "Excuse me." She immediately stood up and stepped back.