25| Father Of My Child

Published on 7th November 2021.
______________________________

You're gonna love this one.

The longest chapter till now.
Don't forget to vote, comment, share, follow...
Happy reading.

– D H R U V –

– D H R U V –

"Mumma, I'll take my leave. It's getting late." I said while picking the keys of my car.

"It's rare that you attend functions. Is there someone special in the wedding?"

"I told you there's no-one."

"He won't tell us Avantika. On a second thought, it's good. Atleast he'll find someone good enough for him." Dad switched off the volume of television and jumped in the middle of our conversation.

"Dad... Think whatever you want to." I sighed and walked out after bidding them bye. I don't like attending functions at all. Although I like to stay alone, being secluded in a crowd isn't something I would ever love. I hope that today's wedding would be the last one I'd be attending this year or in the upcoming years.

Walking inside the wedding hall, I saw Natasha and Dr Samaira fighting a cold war. But the strange thing was that Dr Samaira was scratching her body as if she hadn't bathed for weeks. Poor her!

No-one deserves that.

But it was her fault!

I shook my head in disbelief and sat on one of the chairs to see the wedding going on. When I was too bored by seeing the same scene going on, I stood up and walked to the food station.

While I was having the not-so-healthy dinner, someone shouted and we turned our gaze towards him. Ayaan!

My sister has become crazy with him!

"Nothing, I just saw a cockroach. You all can continue your work." He said and everyone turned their face back in a disinterested way. I was one of them too. Although I was alone, I couldn't interrupt them.

Feeding myself up to the mark, I wiped my hands and walked back to find the washroom. Ofcourse, I couldn't roam around with germs on my skin. Before I could successfully cross the entrance of washroom, someone collided with me, ruining my pure white shirt by spilling drink on it.

Shit!

Now I need to clean it up.

Who the hell did this?

I looked in front and saw Natasha holding a glass in her hand, "I'm sorry."

"It's alright."

Alright?

But she ruined my clothes!

"I'm really sorry."

"It's okay." I mumbled and quickly stepped ahead to find the bathroom. I had to leave for the sake of my shirt. Switching the tap on, I washed my hands and felt my phone vibrating in the pocket of my pants.