39| Needles (Harry)

Hope you enjoy..!

Harry absolutely loathed any sort of needles or injections. He remembered the time when he was younger, he was so terrified and his mum had to drag him out of the car. Seven year old Harry ended up screaming down the doctors, and he didn't even get a lollipop after his injections.

So, yeah... Harry hated those.

All the boys knew that they had their routine injections coming up — well besides Harry. They always kept it a secret, that way he wouldn't freak out until last minute or make any excuses.

So when the time came, of course they had to think of a plan. First it was suggested they tell him they were getting ice cream, but Harry wasn't going to fall for that, especially as that was what they said the previous four times. Besides, that mostly worked on children.

Then Niall thought of an idea, "he always wanted to visit that new book store, right?" The three lads nodded in response. It was all Harry seemed to talk about, "I wonder what books are there." He'd say, "do you think they'd let me have a discount" or "can we please check it out."

Yeah, it was probably a bit mean to lie to him, but what had to be done, had to be done. "I'll tell him we're leaving in a few hours then." Louis spoke up, going to give Harry the 'news'.

Harry almost cried in excitement when he was informed that they finally, finally, were going to go to that one book store. You could say he was a fan of books, and all he was ever doing was looking for more to add to his collection.

He was completely unsuspecting of the fright ahead of him.

The five boys bundled into the van, tinted windows saving them from prying eyes. It wouldn't be fun to have everyone watch them as they left for a doctors appointment.

All Harry could do was ramble on about his excitement, that made the boys feel guilty. Liam thought that maybe they could treat him to the book store after his injections.

Harry could barely sit still in his seat, he didn't understand why the rest of his friends were being so quiet. It was rather odd.

However, when the van took a turn that most certainly wasn't to the bookstore, he sunk back in his seat. Oh no they didn't...

"Zayn." He spoke, voice nervous as his eyes scanned the familiar route to the doctors. Zayn merely nodded, bottom lip trapped between his teeth in a nervous manner. "Please don't tell me we're not going to the book store."

His words were answered when the boys stayed silent and Harry immediately felt his palms begin to sweat. "Oh fuck." He mumbled, swallowing harshly when the smaller doctors building came into view.

He was not ready. He was not prepared, he never was prepared for this.

Harry couldn't believe that they did this to him, he had been so excited too. That all came crashing down of course.

Now, he wasn't going to make too much of a scene, so he got out of the car when it was finally parked up and followed behind Niall slowly as they entered the building.

Instantly he was met with that cleanly smell, it made his gut churn. God, he really hated this place. Bad memories and bad memories only.

Liam spoke for all five of them, explaining they were all getting injections. They were seated in the waiting room, but it wasn't long before they were being called to an even smaller room.

It was much quicker for them all to be in the same room, and also saved any more stares from the people around them. Harry gulped nervously, eyes wide as Louis sat down first. He could already feel himself getting queasy when the woman prepared Louis' arm for the needle.