𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐬

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐝 down the dusty path of your town, the fall air filling your lungs as you happily sighed. You carried a brown paper bag of flour for your mother who needed more for pumpkin muffins she was making. The feeling of fall was your favorite, the atmosphere seemed to be more relaxed in Marley though something seemed to always be going on here.

You chewed on your lip as you kept walking to your family famous bakery- the most popular one in all of Marley. Though you were Eldians this made you very respected by Marleyans, they seemed to not get enough of your family's recipes, but this did make you very happy for the only reason that you wouldn't get harassed like other Eldians.

Though Eldians used to be the former oppressors to Marleyans you never understood why they wanted to keep the cycle of oppression going. It seemed pointless to you.

Maybe even stupid.

You reached the dull pink shop with the wooden sign "Yum Goods" on the front of the building hanging by a metal rod. You happily walked into your family's shop as the small bell on the top of the door chimed. The familiar sound seemed to ring through your body.

Your mother rushed in from the back of the shop; white powder covered her apron and face, she must have thought you were a customer.

"Y/n, I told you to tell me when it's you! Scared me half to death thought I'd have to greet a customer like this." Your mother laughed, her smile could easily light up a room. "Sorry mother, I guess the bell distracted me." You smiled back as you walked to behind the counter. You handed her the brown paper bag, your mom quickly opened it as she saw two bags of flour placed in the bag.

"Oh y/n you're my lifesaver!" She gleamed as she rushed to the back where the kitchen was held. "You just said I scared you half to death, you have to make your mind up if I'll be the death of you or your savior." You chuckled, "Very funny young lady, now stay up front I need you to tend customers while I make these damn muffins." "Language, no swearing in the shop."

That was a rule your mother made almost three years ago when you started swearing though you didn't do it much- hardly ever she still made the rule because she didn't want the shop to think they would have some wild teenager running it one day.

"Using my own rules against me." You mother spoke, you could hear the clinging of metal bowls hitting each other as she moved stuff around in the back; most likely to make more room from her limited space.

You happily stood behind the case of baked goods, from muffins, cupcakes, eclairs, everything you could imagine. The sun hit the baked goods making the glazed ones gleam in the sunlight. This was something you enjoyed looking at, though it seemed boring you grew up in this small bakery so you couldn't help but love the tiniest details about the place.

From the one squeaky board on the floor to the left, the smell of sugary goods hitting you as you walked into the bakery, the light pink walls, everything about the bakery yelled home to you.

You peaked your head around the corner of the small doorway into the back, seeing your mom mixing things together as she looked into your family's recipe book. You smirked as you poked your head back to the case of baked goods. You looked at the glazed donuts and stuck your hand in the case grabbing one. You smelled the donut and it seemed to smell just like you would imagine heaven smelling like.

You went to take a large bite of your donut but heard the chime of the bell ring from the front door of the bakery. You quickly hid your hands behind your back hiding the donut. Your luck it was only your younger brother, who was also most likely coming in from playing to grab a snack for him and his friends. He walked to the case of baked goods and made eye contact with you.