𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡.

The word Eren had seemed to hate the most but had gotten used to after seeing it happen so much throughout his life. From watching his mother die, close friends, random people it seemed to be all around him and he hated it. He didn't like the cold look in people's bodies when they were gone, bodies that had memories and once could roam freely.

Though Eren hated the idea of dying he wanted to, he had never felt there was a reason for him to live. But his perspective all changed when he met a girl in Marley, a girl who loved glazed donuts and the ocean. Her smile always made him realize there was so much more to life, happiness, love, even hope. She made him feel free.

But the girl who he loved more than anything in life even though he had only just met her was on her knees, the rain hitting her skin as tears flowed down her face. Though Eren was in his titan form he was crying too- something that he couldn't show on his titans expressions. Eren had hurt her, though he had returned the memory of them together in the paths nothing could ever make up for what he was doing.

Your mothers receipt book to your side, the rain water seemed to cover the book but you couldn't take your eyes off Eren. You couldn't process your emotions, all you felt in your heart was a hole. You felt empty.

Eren's titan looked at you, not taking his attention off you. His heart ached; seeing you like this made him feel even worse. All his senses seemed to vanish- but yours didn't. Out of the corner of your eye you saw the jaw titan jumping to attack.

"Eren!" You screamed, your hand flying up and pointing behind him. Causing him to snap out of the mind state he was in realizing that he had started a war. He quickly reacted by hardening his arm and close lining the attack titan sending it flying. Your heart race is increasing.

Eren quickly moved in front of you in a protective way making sure you didn't get caught up in any of the action.

From a distance Jean and Connie sat on a building top looking at Eren, Jean's eyes going to you as he saw Eren protecting you.

"He better hope Levi doesn't see this." Connie spoke. Jean didn't say anything to his friend other than look at you, watching you pick up the book in front of you and clench it to your chest. Your dress was covered in mud. "That's the girl aint it?" Jean spoke. Connie hummed in response. Something in him that moment shifted as he watched you, Jean felt bad for Eren. Jean knew you were his light, you were the one that made him different. Before the 104th came to Marley Eren was silent, he was off.

Eren didn't make any of the jokes he did when he was a kid or even smile. When you spoke to him everything seemed to go in one ear and out the other. But ever since he met you he was happy. The smile he wore when he was a kid plastered on his face, the same jokes he would make came back. Jean knew you were Eren's light, that someone that changed your perspective on everything.

He knew what it was like to have a light because he used to have one, Marco.

Jean sucked his teeth and clenched his fists as he watched Eren fight in front of you while trying to make sure you stayed out of harm's way- something he wished he could have done to save Marco from his death.

"Damn suicidal maniac!" Jean yelled, throwing his gun onto the ground and jumping off the building Connie and him stood. "Jean! Where are you going?" Connie screamed off the top of the building, watching his friend swing from building to building flying closer to where Eren was.

Jean swapped closer to the ground when he was getting closer to you, and once you were in reach he seemingly grabbed you quickly. Your body seemed to tense up as you got swapped up so quickly.

"Who the hell are you? Put me down I-" You started to yell at whoever picked you up. "Shut up! I'm Eren's comrade." The man yelled at you. When you looked at the man closer you realized he was one of the people who came into your shop with Eren and teased him. Jean landed on a building to the side of Eren where he was holding the jaw titan down.

"Hey you suicidal maniac! If you hear me I got the girl to focus on not dying!" Jean yelled, before shooting his ODM gear out of the center of the town making his way back to the building Connie and him were watching.

Eren watched as Jean carried you bridal style shooting from building to building. All Eren could do was thank Jean for saving you.

Jean landed on the top of the building Connie was at and set you down softly, Connie looking at you then Jean.

"Jean! Are you insane!" "Put a cork in it baldie! I don't want to hear it!" Jean yelled back at Connie. Jean grabbed the shotgun from the ground that he threw earlier. Connie shook his head as he held his gun and looked to his left. You sat on the ground of the building top as you held your mother receipt book close to you.

"E-excuse me?" You asked quietly. Earning the attention of Jean and Connie. "Is Eren," You started, looking over at Eren's titan form fighting the jaw titan. "Going to die?" "No, he won't. It takes a lot more to kill that idiot." Jean said. All you did was nod.

You looked at Eren's titan as it let out a loud yell, your mind going a mile a minute.

The pase your mind stopped. Your heart skipping a beat in the process.

Where was your mom and Johnny?

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Hello! I hope you all are doing good! This book is nearing it's end sadly, but I will still be writing other stories!! (This book will also be getting edited because I can't spell for anything haha) I also made a Spotify for all my stories playlis...

Hello! I hope you all are doing good! This book is nearing it's end sadly, but I will still be writing other stories!! (This book will also be getting edited because I can't spell for anything haha) I also made a Spotify for all my stories playlists it's: arminbrainrott or just my wattled user haha. But I wanted to say thank you so much for 10k reads! I think that's insane! But much love and stay safe!! <3