𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐝 down the dusty path of the main downtown area of Marley. The crisp air filling your lungs as you handed coins to the lady who sold your moms sugar and flour. She handed the bag off to you with a small smile and you returned the smile, grabbing the heavy bag of flour and sugar. You at least had to have fifteen pounds of each- which sadly wouldn't last you even two or three weeks.

You struggled to hold the bag in your hands, the bag firmly pressed against your chest of your sage green dress. You never understood why your mom had you go do this and not your brother, it always was a struggle to carry the bags of sugar and flour back to the bakery. But it was much better to carry the bag in the fall time rather than the hot summer sun.

Your Eldian armband tightly tied onto your arm, keeping it from falling off. Though your mom would never tell you about what would happen if you just didn't wear one; you still kept it on. In fact if you took it off people would only see you as a Marleyan. Which you thought was no different then being an Eldian. Yet it never bothered you that you had to wear it; it simply just told people you were an Eldian.

But what did bother you was how you had to be split into a group, or as it was called segregation. But you knew the Marleyans were once oppressed by the Eldians that wasn't the new generation of people, it was the old generation. Grudges were held against you that you never made, you never contributed too. Maybe your great grandparents did but you as a person never did.

The only thing the Marleyans were doing keeping you guys apart was making the hatred towards the two groups larger, a hatred that should have been dropped a long time ago. But you knew the hatred wouldn't drop anytime soon.

The buildings of downtown Marley seemed to tower over you, the paint from the buildings either worn or new. Many buildings were homes or small shops like yours. The island seemed to have hundreds if not thousands of buildings like these. Many may have been abandoned but they were still once homes meaning they had memories in them. Everything in the world had memories attached to them; whether that was a tree, a field of grass, or even a pencil. Everything had a memory with it good or bad.

The bad memories didn't define an object like a pencil being broken, and that's how you thought of things. Like the people on Paradise. Though they were seen as the old Eldian empire- something everyone hated- you never seemed to see them as devils. Because even though they once were bad it doesn't mean they are still bad. They could have changed their ways and even left the past behind them. To you, comparing the new Paradise was like comparing an apple and an orange; something so silly and ridiculous. But to everyone else comparing Paradise and devils was like comparing an apple and apple.

You huffed, annoyed from your thoughts and from the weight of the bag you held tightly. The bag only seemed to get heavier to you as you walked forward; still so far from your shop. You took a mental note that next time you go to the market you will need to grab your brother and tell him to come with you.

"Hey stranger." You turned your head to the familiar voice. You were met with Eren, his brown hair not in the half-up-half-down bun like last time but instead all the way down. His emerald colored eyes glowing in the light as he smiled softly at you. His clothes seemed to look like his last time, nothing flashy. Though he looked basic he seemed to be perfect. "Oh hi Eren." You smiled.

"Where are you headin'?" He asked, a small paper bag in his hand. "Back to my shop, my mom wanted more flour and sugar but lucky me I had to go grab it." You chuckled, "I was just at your shop, I grabbed a donut for Armin and I." Eren smiled and held up the small brown bag signalling that there were in fact two donuts in there. "Kind of sucks though I mostly went there to see you." He smiled. You couldn't help but feel a rosy tint to your cheeks when he said this.