𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐝 out of the alley way, wearing the women's gear from earlier. You used the sleeve of the skin tight suit and wiped your bloody nose- the woman you had attacked punched you in the nose as a way of trying to escape.

The woman was trying to escape you from killing her.

Something she was unsuccessful at.

"Hey Commander you alright?" You turned your head to see someone from paradis jogging towards you. It was a boy maybe around 5'11, brown hair, and fair skin. "Oh yeah I'm alright." You spoke back, "Really? That's a nasty leg of yours." He chuckled as he looked at your leg.

You had cut the leg part out of the body suit to make it easier to put on and walk around without the tight cloth hugging your broken bone.

"Yeah I guess it's pretty ruff." You smiled, you knew you had to try and be like them no matter if it was how they talked, walked, treated others, and even looked at someone. You knew you had to push past what they were doing to your hometown right now in being successful in finding your mom and Johnny.

"Here let's go to the aid they set up." The boy spoke, he walked over to you and grabbed your air throwing it over himself and helping you stand up and began walking with you. As you two began to walk- a faster pace you had been walking thanks to this boy you looked around your town. You saw shattered windows and broken doors, wood scattered everywhere, and belongings of people thrown all over the road.

"So what happened to your leg?" The boy asked, "Oh uh while I was patrolling a Marleyan came and swung a metal rod at my leg and it broke. I shot him in his leg as payback." You laughed nervously. "Geez what an ass." The boy said as if they weren't destroying your whole town and turning it to gravel. "Haha yeah."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

You sat on the small cloth someone laid out for you as a woman began to make a cast for your leg with what they had lying around the aid. You didn't really speak to her the time she was fixing your leg, the boy who was nice enough to drag you here had to leave to go back to patrolling or something.

You looked around at the other people from Paradis being aided at gunshot wounds, broken bones like yours, and other things. You really wanted this woman to speed up whatever she was doing to your leg so you could be on your way to find your mom and Johnny.

"Sorry ma'am but how much longer till I can get back out there?" You questioned the lady causing her to look up at you. She sighed at your words as she tightened the medical tape around the stick they had to use as a makeshift cast. "I mean if you're up to walking already now." She spoke. You threw yourself up using your right leg, the medical woman was shocked at this and how you were so eager to get back out there.

"You are one tough cookie huh?" she smiled, your eyes widened at her phrase. It was a phrase you haven't heard in years. "Yeah, I guess you could say that." You smiled at the woman before you began walking out of the small tent. It was far easier to walk now even though all that was on your leg now was a wooden rode, medical tape, and medical cloth.

You turned back to look into the tent before lifting the drap to see the woman looking at you, she smiled and waved goodbye to you and you did the same before exiting the tent.

As you walked to the cart with shotguns kept in it just to try and fit in with the rest of the soldiers from Paradis who were carrying them you saw your bakery. Your eyes lit up and you quickly grabbed a gun out of the cart and threw it over your shoulder, you hobbled your way over to the bakery knowing that if your mom and Johnny were anywhere they would have not listened to orders and came back to the bakery.

You mom would guard that shop with her life if it really meant it, not only was it your home but it was your whole life in one building.

You got to the front of the bakery to see the front window shattered; you could already hear the rage in your mom's voice over it. You opened the door of the bakery and heard nothing. As you looked up at the door to question where the bells were you saw that they were gone. You continued to walk into the bakery, the door shutting behind you.

"Mom? Johnny? It's me Y/n." You called out, "It's ok you guys it's just me." You spoke loudly hopping that Johnny's head would poke out somewhere. Your hope seemed to be fulfilled when you saw Johnny's eyes peer from the back room doorway. His face covered in dirt and a scratch on his cheek.

"Johnny!" You yelled, you tried to run over to him but it ended up looking more of like a weak hobble. But for Johnny's case he quickly ran over to you tears flooding his eyes as he harshly tackled you with a hug. "I thought we lost you Y/n! Me and mama thought you were gone!" He sobbed into your chest. You couldn't help but form tears at his words.

"It's ok Johnny I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." You cried. You both sat there for a bit and cried, the silence filled with snuffles from Johnny every once in a while. He wasn't a quiet crier.

"Y/n?" You looked up at your name being called and saw your mom with tears streaming down her face. "Mom!" you smiled, more tears rolling out of your eyes as she quickly walked over to you and joined in on you and Johnny's hug. "Don't ever do that again! What did I see about leaving the bakery when we aren't here!" she sobbed. "I know mom, I'm sorry." You smiled, though you were being scolded all you could do was smile. You were only happy to see your mother and Johnny.

You all finally pulled away from the hug and your mom got a good look at you, your broken leg, the gun behind your back held by a strap on your chest, heavy gear on your sides, and Paradis's gear.

"Y/n! What the hell are you wearing?" she spoke, "Oh funny story, I had to steal it to get past people to find you guys." you laughed nervously. You left out the part about the woman you killed, you wanted to mentally block out the thought as much as you could. It made you sick knowing what you did to that woman.

Your mom laughed at you and Johnny did too.

"Just like your father, you would do anything to find people you love." You smiled, your father would have done what you did and maybe even more.

"Here we should get back up into the back so we aren't seen." Your mother says, you and Johnny nod. As you hobbled behind the counter out of the corner of your eye you saw three people standing in the window. You whipped your head as they threw their guns up.

"Get down!" You screamed at your mom and Johnny. Quickly grabbing the gun you had around you and aiming at one of the Paradis soldiers' legs and shooting without a thought. You hit their knee cap in a breeze like you had shot a gun before even though that was your first time.

But the two other soldiers had opened fire aiming for you, your mom quickly pushing you two out of the way as you both hit the wall behind you. You heard open gun fire above your head as you covered Johnny's ears, your eyes pinched shut. A large thump heard on the wooden floors. A pool of red was soon seen next to your feet as your eyes widened tears filling them quickly as you looked at the sight in front of you.

"Mom?"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Hello! I hope you all are swell, I am pretty good myself

Hello! I hope you all are swell, I am pretty good myself. I am currently listening to Mitski and I love her music more than life geez haha. But I wanted to say thank your for 13k read that's crazy! Thank you for enjoying my story and giving me feedback on it along with interacting with it I love seeing you guys enjoy the story it makes my little heart so happy. But much love and stay safe out there! <3