𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: 𝐈 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐭 at the dinner table, he was cleaned up due to Levi's orders. Levi made them all eat dinner together while they were here but tonight nobody seemed to be laughing, not even Sasha and Connie. They're expressions flat and keeping to themselves.

"Your soup is going to get cold Eren, eat up." Mikasa told Eren, seeing he hadn barley touched it. "Oh yeah, right. Sorry." Eren grabbed the spoon from the porcelain bowl and began eating it. The warm soup filling his stomach; a good feeling since he had barely eaten that day. His mind was still filled with thoughts of why Connie and Sasha weren't laughing over something as Jean scolded them, or why Hange and Levi weren't speaking about titans, why Mikasa and Armin weren't talking to him.

Everything seemed tense.

"So," Levi began, sipping his black tea which was his favorite blend. He seemed to rip the tension apart but that only created more tension. "As some people here know, by that I mean everyone but Eren." Eren cocked his eyebrow at Levi. "What? Are we keeping secrets now?" Eren said looking around the table. But no one seemed to crack a smile at his light joke, instead look down at their feet or pick at their food.

"Eren, I'm going to be blunt with you." Levi set down his tea cup. A small click from the small plate and cup hitting rang through the quiet room. Eren was confused, why everything was so serious all of a sudden unlike every other day here when there were laughs and jokes.

"Eren, we are going to destroy Marley. And almost everything here."

Eren felt his heart stop- almost as if a bullet hit him. They were going to destroy Marley? But why? What about Y/n and her family?

"Captain we can't-" "Eren, we have to. Commander Hange and I have been talking about this since we left Paradis, it's almost the only way to get away with it successfully." "But captain what about everyone-" Eren was cut off by Levi again, "What did I tell you? About getting attached? Armin told me about you and that girl. Nobody here but you cares about her, if she dies live with it Eren. That's life." Eren shot daggers at Armin who was messing with his fork.

"I couldn't give a damn if that girl dies Eren, and I expect the same for you if she does. Even if she doesn't she will be left here in ruble hating you for the rest of her life for destroying her town." Eren knew Levi was right, but he couldn't let her get hurt. He cared about her too much for anything to happen to her. "Captain, I'm not fighting then." Eren spoke.

Everyone at the dinner table looked up at him shocked at what he just told Levi. Levi rolled his eyes as he took a sip of his tea annoyed at where Eren was taking this conversation.

"Eren. It's not my fault you got attached. It's yours and yours only, I expect you to fight. If you don't you'll catch a big problem your way. Kiss that damn spot on the Survey you worked so hard for away and a nice place in a cell for being a lover boy." Eren bit his inner lip harshly.

"When are we attacking captain?"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Eren walked on the dirt trail next to Y/n, they were walking around town just to hang out. But Eren couldn't possibly think about what he should do to keep you entertained after last night's conversation at the dinner table. His only concern right now was how to keep you safe in all of that, how to make sure you live.

"Eren? What's wrong? You haven't talked much this whole time." You spoke looking at the boy, "Hm? Oh nothing just didn't get a lot of sleep last night." He smiled softly at you. "Well we could stop and get some coffee, the shop down town is really-" "Y/n promise to never leave me."

You froze at his words as the both of you stopped walking, your eyes looking straight at him as he furrowed his brows in what seemed to be distress. The statement was so out of nowhere, never leave him? But he was leaving you soon wasn't he?

"What? Eren what are you talking about?" You asked, "Don't leave me is what I'm saying Y/n, don't leave me one day because you hate me." "Hate you, why would I hate you? Eren you're being weird." Eren tucked his bottom lip in between his teeth, he studied your face.

"Please never hate me y/n. Don't think I'm a devil one day. Please." "Devil, Eren I would never call you that." "Whatever, forget about it, where's that coffee place?" He said, beginning to walk. You followed him, still confused over the boy's words. "Just down here, they have really good coffee." "Great, don't worry about paying, I got it darling." The tall boy smiled at you.

The two of you kept walking down the dusty path making your way slowly to the coffee shop. The only thing on your mind was why Eren said to never leave him, if anything he was going to be leaving you soon to go back to paradis and why would you ever hate Eren? He has been nothing but kind to you. You looked out of the side of your eye at Eren. His face looked drained or tired. Maybe he had stayed up late last night.

You knew if you asked anymore questions about his random outburst of you hating him would only make him more upset, and that was something you didn't want to do. So you kept your questions to yourself.

"The coffee shop is right here." You spoke pointing towards a small brick shop in front of you. Eren nodded, bringing his head out of his thoughts and walking forward to open the door for you. You quickly bowed in front of him as a quick thank you and walked into the shop. The smell of coffee ran through your nostrils. It was a lovely smell. It almost made you wide awake by just smelling the smell. As you walked to the counter of the shop the smell only seemed to get stronger.

"What do you want, Eren?" You asked, looking at the brown haired boy. "Oh just a black coffee." Eren spoke, reaching into his pocket for coins. "I'll have a coffee with creamer please." You asked the cashier, all the man did was nod then point for you to go wait at a table. You and Eren both agreed on a table near the window and sat down. Eren sat the coins on the end of the table to pay for when the man with your drinks came to the table.

You looked at Eren's face as he looked out the window of the shop, studying his face. Many strands of hair fell out of his messy bun he always had his hair up in. You reached over the table and brushed the small strands of hair out of his face. This caused Eren to look at you. His emerald eyes sparking in the sun like the real jewels.

"I promise Eren." You spoke, your hand resting on his cheek.

All Eren did was lightly smile at you, before taking your hand off his cheek and kissing it gently.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

hello! i hope you all are well! k just wanted to say thank you sooo much for 2k reads! that's crazy to me! also, thank you for #1 in aotxreader that's literally mind blowing to me haha! but i love you all and thank you again

don't forget to comment & vote!! <3