𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐠𝐮𝐲, 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

"𝐈 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 love she couldn't give?" You spoke. Your hands gripping the thing blanket behind you. "Yes, you helped her see love as it was," Eren said, "You taught her what love was by loving me. It all makes sense." You furrowed your eyebrows. "So I was being used the whole time. You and whoever Ymir is used me so she could see love." You said, your lower lip being sucked between your teeth.

"I didn't use you Y/n. I did love you and still do." You looked away from Eren, the last thing you wanted to see was him. "If the future could be changed then why didn't you change this from happening." You spoke quietly but harshly. "I didn't know how, I couldn't." "Yes you could have. There were tons of ways you could have Eren."

"But I needed to follow the memories-" "Are you stupid Eren? Do you hear yourself?" You shouted, your eyes being met with his again. "If when you met me those memories changed and so did the future there is a way to change the future. The fate of everyone can be changed by a simple action!" You shouted, anger boiling through your veins as you yelled at the brown haired boy.

"If the future changed by me meeting you and loving you don't you think there was a way to avoid this? Avoid everything that has happened? You don't have to follow those stupid memories Eren! If you do what you want and not what those damn memories want then you'll be free! You can do what you want!"

Eren looked at you with wide eyes. You were right. Eren knew that if he even said something different from his memories in a conversation it could change everything. But what bothered him the most was not knowing what was going to happen, Eren didn't want to plan out the future for himself by his own words. He thought he needed the memories in order to be free.

But what you had just told him was that wasn't being free, that was following orders and living under a rule. He wasn't experiencing anything by that, that's why when you came along and his memories couldn't predict what you were going to do with him next it made him happy it made him feel free.

He had been depressed for all the years before this day because he knew nothing exciting was going to happen the next day, he had his whole future written out to him front to back and he thought he couldn't change that.

"You're right." Eren spoke softly. He bunched his hands up into fists and looked down at his lap. "You're right Y/n, I could have stopped what happened to your town if I simply didn't follow those memories and think I had to follow them. That's not freedom, that's not what I want. I want to be able to experience things without knowing what they were going to be like already. I want to be able to live my future life. With you Y/n."

You froze at Eren's words, not knowing that he wanted a future with you. But what you couldn't say was if you wanted a future with Eren. You couldn't forgive him for what he had done. But deep down in your heart you knew you still loved him more than anything in life. You swallowed the lump in your throat as tears streamed down your face.

"I'm so sorry Y/n. I know I can never say it enough but deep down I am so sorry. For everything I have done and did. You don't deserve that." Eren said. You didn't respond to him, not in a way of being petty but because you were at a loss for words. You truly didn't know how to respond to Eren.

"I hope one day you forgive me and we can be good again, I owe that trip to the ocean in Paradis after all." He said, the memory of him telling you he would take you to Paradis to see their ocean flooded your memory. You remembered telling him how silly he was for thinking that you would one day go to Paradis.

But here you were.

Your leg shattered, Johnny in the corner, your mother and father both gone, the boy who you don't know if you love or hate on a ship to Paradis. Though if you did ever go to Paradis this isn't how you imagined it. You imagined something happier- more light heart. Eren smiling as he talked about his home and you were listening wondering what it looked like more in depth now. But instead it was horrific.

"I don't know if I'll go see the ocean with you Eren." You said, tears streaming down your face. Eren nodded. "Maybe not in this life, but a next where I won't make a mistake so bad. I promise that one day I'll show you that a heart like mine can treat a heart like yours amazingly. But Y/n from the bottom of my heart I am so sorry for everything I have done to you. I will hope that one day we can experience freedom together."

Eren rose from his knees, he towered over you as his eyes flooded with tears. A light smile covered his lips as he turned and made his way out of the room. You and Johnny were on the ship sliding the door softly behind him. When Eren left you couldn't help but begin crying.

Your head couldn't think of if you hated Eren or loved him. Everything in your mind told you that you hated him but everything in your heart said you loved him. You couldn't forgive him for what he did but you wanted to so badly deep down.

"Y/n." Johnny spoke, you turned your head to him and looked at him. Tears flowing down his cheeks. In that moment you realized the very few amount of times you had ever seen him cry. Not even the time he cut his leg open after falling out of a moving cart with his friends; he didn't shed a single tear.

"Johnny, don't cry." You said. He rubbed the tears off his face using his hands, "I was wrong before." He said, you slightly tilted your head at him. "About Eren,when I said I didn't like him before I spoke to him in the bakery back at home. He is just a good guy that can't get out of his bad thoughts."

In that moment you grabbed Johnny's shirt and hugged him as you bother cried, Johnny was right. Eren was a good guy trapped in a bad guy's thoughts.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙