𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞?

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 your chin on the palm of your hand as you worked in the front of the bakery. Your mom was in the back making sugary foods like always. She was grateful you were old enough to be able to work at the front now so she wouldn't have to run back and forth between waiting people and bake in the back.

The radio in the kitchen played louder than normal, you knew your mom wouldn't hear a thing going on in the front of the shop with how loud it was playing. It only ever played this loud when she was decorating cakes just because it's her favorite thing to do.

The sun was out today just like the past week, you were upset your mom had you inside working and couldn't go hang out with Elizabeth. Though you never had a problem hanging out with your mom you hated being crammed inside on a sunny warm day. Your brother was the lucky one out of the both of you; he stayed outside and played till the sun fell. He even got a dark tan from it.

You took a deep breath in the smell of cookies filling your nose that seemed to relax you, they were oatmeal raisin ones. You could tell by the smell. Believe it or not your smell seemed to be amazing because of the bakery, you could tell the difference between many foods and what they were because of how familiar they all were to you. But you had to admit; the smell of lemon made your headache.

You watched as people passed the bakery through the window, from old couples to single young people. Some of the faces were familiar from how many times they came here and others weren't so familiar to you. But what you wondered is if you'd recognize the people from Paradise if they passed by.

You knew you would, they looked too interesting, not in a bad way but they all were very different from the people you'd normally see in Marley. Some people in Marley- mostly Eldians- always looked sad or depressed, maybe even worn out. While Marleyans looked powerful in a way; strong. The paradise people looked like what you would imagine to be normal people. The short man with the stern looked, the girl who was so interested with food, the boy with the bald head- which you never saw here only on old men. The young boys tended to grow their hair out longer or kept it short.

You didn't think they would return to the shop for any more goods anytime soon; they most likely were busy with why they were here. Something with the government. Of course you had no idea what that something with the government was. But you were intrigued to know.

What seemed to baffle you was that Elizabeth told you that there were eight paradise members on Marley, not seven. In fact she thought there were nine of them as well. But you knew she hadn't seen them before they had walked into the shop because she didn't know who they were before they walked in. So you had to guess she only heard a random number of members from gossip of people.

But you remember the girl with the red scarf saying something about a boy,

Ed?

Elijah?

Edward?

You had no idea what the boy's name was, only that his name started with an E. You didn't have the best memory when it came to names. Sometimes you would forget your own when people would ask you- it was quite embarrassing sometimes.

All you remembered is that he liked sweet bread a lot according to her, you really enjoyed the sweet bread here so you hoped the boy who didn't get to pick out what he wanted was happy with the bread. You hoped they all enjoyed the sweet foods they got, since it seemed to be their first time eating sweets.

You wondered why they hadn't seen this stuff back on Paradise, they had to have cakes and cookies. Yet they didn't know what cupcakes were. They surely had to have more than sugar bread. But you remembered something about an Eldian whipping out their livestock and food, so this could be why they were asking you about so many of the treats behind the case.