𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 your hand up to your little brother's eyes quickly as you looked at your mom's cold body in shock. Blood seemed to be pooling around her like the jelly donuts she would make you and your brother. You felt as if your chest was tightening, your ears began ringing as everything seemed muffled around you.

You were petrified.

"Mom, get up, this isn't funny." You spoke. You brought your free hand that wasn't covering your brothers eyes up to your moms face; her long flowy hair covering her face. You gently moved her hair out of her face and felt any last bit of hope and love wash out of your body.

Your mom's eyes were cold, blood dripping from her forehead. She was looking at you but it wasn't her choice, her eyes were frozen in place. You retracted your hand from her hair causing it to fall back into her face again. You brought your hand up to your mouth as you felt tears sting not only your eyes but your cheeks.

You swallowed the lump in your throat and wiped your tears,you couldn't feel anything anymore. All the events that have taken place in the past twenty four hours made you lose yourself- though you didn't think it was possible to lose yourself so quickly or lose yourself at all.

"The two kids! We know you're in there! Come out or we come in!" A manly voice shouted.

You had seemed to lose everything, your only other parent, Eren, freedom, and joy. Everything washed down the drain in an instant. You clenched your jaw- anger overcoming your body as you realized Eren lied to you this whole time. No matter what he said in that sandy area you had never seen he lied. Him and his friends lied to you and tried treating you like a friend when their plan all along was to destroy everything you loved.

"Johnny, once I take my hand off your face, close your eyes and cover your ears." You removed your hand from your brother's eyes and turned to him to see his eyes pinched shut. Small tears running down his face though his eyes were closed. Johnny brought his hands to his ears and covered them.

You took the gun that was wrapped around your back and stared at it, quickly finding out how to clock it. A small metal piece falling out of the gun hitting the wood floor. You took a breath in and rose from the ground quickly.

You aimed the gun at the chest of the man standing next to a younger man. You quickly shot the bullet going straight through the man's chest. You clocked the gun again and pointed at the other younger man.

"Wait!" The man said, throwing his arms up. You pulled your finger off the trigger a bit and waited for him to speak. "Listen I didn't shoot your mom." He said, stammering his words. "You were with the man who did, weren't you? You didn't stop him did you?" The man tried to find the words to say at your rebuttal.

Something clicked in your head as you looked at the man. You quickly began looking around, there was a third man that was with them. You knew that for a fact.

"The third." "What?" The man asked, "The third man, where the hell is he-" Your words cut off at a sharp pain hitting your left leg. You screamed at the pain- it was far worse than when you broke your leg. It was worse than any other pain you had felt in your life.

You dropped to the floor holding your leg, walling in pain. The third man came out from behind the wall next to the broken window. His shotgun in hand.

"God Mike! I could have died! You were so slow." "But you didn't, did you?" A scoff fell out of the other man's mouth. You heard footsteps walking closer to you, the creaking of the wood floor boards becoming louder as they grew closer.

"That's some aim you got there kid." The man who shot you spoke. "Fuck you." You spat. "That's no language for a lady huh?" "Rot in hell." You responded, trying to hold the gun shot wound in your leg to reduce the bleeding. Sweat dripping down your forehead, though you were still in place on the floor it felt as if you ran 10 miles.