You Should Really Get A Job

NAYVEE'S POV

I sat in the green room whilst Kat was on set. I was just chilling with Phoebe and Claire. It had been a few months since our mother passed and Kat was back at work as she couldn't take any more time off due to the scheduling of the show but I think it was better for her to be at work. She seemed happier and she was socialising with her friends more.

I was only here today because I was bored at my apartment and all my friends either work here or are in NYC. I wasn't heading back there until next year when my lease on my apartment is up. Plus it was better than, I was with Kat. "Tonkin, Holt on set." A runner said. I pouted. "Don't leave me." I said dramatically holding onto Claire she laughed. "Go get a job." I rolled my eyes. "I don't want to work, I'm retired." I joked getting off her lap where I was sat whilst we were playing heads up earlier. Phoebe had the phone so we had to sit together to avoid her seeing it in the big mirror in the room.

"Someone else will be in soon and you can annoy them for a while." Bee said and I laughed but pretended to be offended. "Love you." She called as she left. "Love you." I laid back down on the couch I pulled my phone out and scrolled through my socials for a while until someone came into the green room. "Ugh your still here." "Yes, my dear I am." I tell Paul as he picked my legs up to sit down letting them fall back on his lap. "You're always here." "Joys of being unemployed. I have a bunch of free time." I say putting my phone down on my chest. "I don't know why you don't go to auditions again. Theres a bunch at the moment... theres one for a show that based on old fairytales... I auditioned." He told me. "So you don't want me in the green room with you but you want to work with me." I say raising an eyebrow. "I think you'd be good in it... It's called Tell me a story... I'll email you the details tonight." "Wheres that filming?" "Here, it's a CW show." "So was stomping ground and I was in NYC." I remind him. "It's deffo here." I nodded I might audition. It'll be good to be back at work. As much as I love all this free time to dance and train I do miss working and being in front of the camera. "Or theres V-wars, Ian's just got his role through for that." "Yeah, he was telling me about it... Good concept." He nodded. "What about the Christmas films, theres tons of auditions for them." "Me in a Christmas film?" I laughed. "You're right thats more of your sister's thing, she's nicer." "She is." I laughed. "I could see you in some badass superhero film though." "I was in a badass superhero film... spider-man duh. I could see you in like Harry Potter." He laughed. "As Voldemort." "Rude." He said hitting my legs. We both laughed. "Quit flirting with my sister." Kat said coming in and sitting on my tummy not caring that I was laid down at all.

I shift under her. "Actually I was playing agent, telling her all about auditions... because she needs to quit being lazy!" He says rather passive aggressively. "Wesley I'll work when I want to work." I tell him. "Besides she's been working since she was 9 none stop, she deserves a break." Kat tells him. I reach around her to steal a fry she was eating. I take a few and shove them into my mouth. "Classy." She said to me. I shrugged my shoulders. "How was filming?" I asked changing to topic from my work life. Or lack thereof.

Paul had been trying to encourage me to go for something but I've not found anything that fit me. Everything I was interested in were away from Kat. If I was being honest with myself I wasn't going to go back to NYC I'd find another place here to be with her. So I didn't want to move away from work. And the ones that were there just weren't my thing. They were too hallmark style. And I vowed never to be part of one.

"It was good. Ian's just showering to get the blood out his hair." "How much fake blood do you reckon we use in a day?" "Gallons." "Gallons!" He said back shocked at Kat's response. "Think about it, we have the extra's drenched in blood half the time, the floors the rugs, us, props, trees at one point. 100% it's gallons." She explained. "Fair enough."