Kaylee

"Morning," I say as I roll over to avoid the sun attacking my eyes. "Morning." He was already facing my direction. "Can I get you anything?" I asked. "You've just opened your eyes." He chuckled. "Well I've slept in," I say referring to the fact that it's currently 9 AM and not the usual 5 AM I get up. "I'll get your meds," I tell him, getting up when I noticed he was in pain. "I'm fine." He tired but I was already out of the room.

I got him fresh water and his meds and went back in he was sat up slightly against the headboard. "Thank you." "Don't mention it." I climb over him and get back in bed pulling the blankets over me to keep warm. "Do you know what you want to do?" I asked him looking over at him momentarily. "I don't know... I don't know what I'm meant to even do." "There are a few things you can do," I say softly turning my body to face him. "You could talk to the authorities. And press charges against Amber... Or you can talk to them and get a restraining order." I begin. Giving him a few options. "Or?" He questioned. "Or you don't talk to the authorities at all and leave it." "Okay." "I messaged Julie and told her you wouldn't be at work for a few days... I didn't mention why," I assured him. "But you should at least explain to her what's going on, not in detail if you don't want to." He nodded following what I was saying. "And you're welcome to stay here as long as you need if you don't feel comfortable going home just yet." "Thank you." "I can go over and get you've clothes and whatever you need... Could even go pick your car up if you would like?" I offered knowing he'd probs not want to go back there.

"What if she's there." "Let her be there, I'm not scared of her Ian... You shouldn't be either." I tell him. "I think you should tell Paul and Kat," I tell him. "No!" "Okay." I didn't want to upset him any more than he was.

"Ian?" I said after a few moments of silence between the two of us. He looked at me, his eyes were still swollen and his lip was bruised. My tummy was doing flips, I felt so guilty. "I'm sorry you had to go through that." I knew. I saw the signs I should have stepped in. I should have said something to Kat or Paul. I should have done more than just keeping an eye on him and making sure he knew I was there for him. But I also knew I couldn't force him to talk. I couldn't do anything until he was ready to talk.

"Not your fault." "I know but it sucks..." he held my hand. "Could you drive me to the station?" I nodded. "Of course, do you want me to come in with you?" "Could you get some clothes for me? From our place whilst I'm there." I nodded "anything you need me to do." I said meaning it. I've seen my mum go through this with no help I know how hard it was for her. And I went through it too. On another level to what Ian's gone through and is going through. I was a child my mother shield me from a lot of the toxic behaviors but I got hurt physically and emotionally and it will continue to affect me for the rest of my life. And I felt awful knowing it'll affect Ian for a long time after.

"Do you want to shower first? I'll look through Paul's draw and find you. Something." "Paul has a draw?" He asked amused. "Well he shares it with Claire and Pheebs," I say getting up from the warm sheets. "I want a draw." He said with a jokey smile. "Well, I think with you staying for a few days I can be accommodating and give you a draw."

I opened the shared draw and pulled out jeans and a top. "I'll go iron these... there are towels in the bathroom." "Thank you." I left him to it and went into the utility room to iron the clothes. I also folded my clean clothes and put them away. Ian was still in the shower so I started on breakfast. As I've mentioned before I'm not the best cook so the turkey bacon most defiantly set the fire alarm off. "Let me do the cooking." Ian laughed coming in fully dressed. "I've heard your horror stories." "I've never lived alone before." I defend myself. He took over the bacon and the eggs. "I'm going to shower quickly," I say

I come into the kitchen in my towel to eat the food Ian made. "Who knew eggs could taste so good," I say and he laughed. "Well, they taste like this all the time if you cook them right." I pulled a face at him and he laughed. I was glad his spirit wasn't broken.