Yacht Day One

I and Kaylee were laid on the beach together, everyone was still inside getting ready for the day. "How cool would it be if we could just lay here forever... like if this was our lives." She says. "when we retire, we'll move here." I tell her. "And we can get little rocking chairs for the porch." "Yes!" I say going along with it. 

"It's been nice to spend time with you again." She says looking over t me. I rolled onto my side. "We'll be able to spend more time together soon enough." I reminded her. "I can't wait to be with you again... if only you'd swallow the bullet and audition." I rolled my eyes. "Maybe another time." "We could be working together again... And living together." "I would never. Move into that house." "Why?" She sat up. "It's just people all the time, I enjoy them, in small doses." We both laughed. "I'll be living in your apartment." "It's one-bedroom I doubt you'll cope. Princess." "Hey, you've got to be accommodating to me. I'm your wife." "Well, currently I have Ian, Paul and Nina fighting over the pull out sofa like once a week." "Well then it's settled, they'll be no more arguing." I laughed. "No, I'm moving anyway... I want a garden... and Kat's staying here so I might as well make moves to staying too." "I would like that." 

"I was so drunk last night," I tell her she laughed at me. "Everyone was." "I cried, and shouted at Ian." She held back a laugh. I hid my face in the blanket I was laid on. "Have you spoken to him?" "No, I woke up this morning and he was on the couch in our room." She nodded. "And I changed quickly and come and got you and left." "So you're avoiding him." "Baby." I dragged out. "You don't understand it was the most embarrassing moment." She laughed. "I cried, and shouted at him and he didn't deserve it." "Who didn't deserve it," Kat says sitting beside me on the blanket. "Ian." She was already laughing. "Don't." I put my head on her lap. "I'm mortified." She ran her hands through my hair. "He won't care... You've met Nina and Paul right, biggest messes when Drunk." If only they knew what I was shouting at him about. It was so insensitive. 

"Beach day today?" She asked. "Yeah... We're hungover." I tell her referring to me and Kaylee. Laying down in the sun was the best cure right now. "Drink some water." She says moving her straw into my mouth. "Thank you." "So you're avoiding Ian." "Yeah, she is," Kaylee said amused. "Well good luck with that." "NayVee." "I'm asleep," I whispered to the girls and just closed my eyes. Kat and Kaylee both laughed. Ian was the one calling my name. 

"She's sleeping," Kat says covering for me. "Funny that. I heard her laugh from over there." I tried to just lay as still as possible and not react. But how could I not when I was thrown over his shoulder. "Ian what the hell!" I say holding onto his waist to stop myself from slipping headfirst into the sand. "Ian, please!" And we were in the water. Wait? I realise my hand wasn't on his t-shirt but his bare skin. 

And I was underwater. I pushed away from him to flip around so I could stand up. He was smiling a cheesy grin. The water was deeper than I thought so I reached for him to hold me up, he helped me by holding me up. "I care V.," He says softly. I didn't know what to do or say. I was still hungover my brain wasn't functioning properly as is and then I was dumped headfirst in water. And now he was taking the first steps to take back his life and rebuilding himself. 

I climbed up to him so our chest was flushed as we embraced, I felt my eyes well up. "I'm so proud of you," I tell him. He squeezed me tighter. 

KAT'S POV

When I saw Ian, I smiled. He concurred something today, to some people they were just scars to him they were memories, hard memories. Things he would rather forget but he can't. Things that make him feel less of a man, less of a human because of the way he was treated. I heard what V said when she was upset. I'm not deaf. I chose to leave them to it, she was upset he would have been upset just not showing it and they had been working through it all together so I didn't feel like it was my place to get involved. They're both grown-ups.