I'm Here For You

PAULS POV

I walked into my room and saw them holding each other. Ian's face was pushed into V's neck and he rubbed circles on her lower back. Were they? No, one of them would have said. "Ian?" I called making it seem like I just walked in and didn't see anything. Though they made little effort to hide what they were doing. V still stayed pretty close to him. And he looked at me. I came into the bathroom. "Was just wondering where you got to... You coming back down?" I asked. He nodded. He looked guilty. 

"Were you two having a moment?" I asked with a smirk. "Get some Smoulder." "No." He said seriously. "What happened? Are you okay?" I asked turning V to face me. "I'm fine." And then I saw it. 7 or 8 circular scars on his chest. I looked at Ian. "Candice just totally fell into the pool. Like completely slipped on her butt and went stright in." I say laughing. I didn't need to say anything about it. I knew who did it. And I had a bad feeling about her... I witnessed m friend slipping away... "Is she okay?" V asked half concerned half trying to hide her laughter. "She's fine." I laughed. "We should go down." She says to Ian. 

"In a bit... I think I'm going to take a nap." "Okay." She smiled softly at him. V was the type of person to have in situations like this. If I was going through something I'd want her around, she didn't put pressure on you, she let you do what you needed to do but she was always there. "Want me to stay?" I asked him... "I could do with a nap after carrying this ones fat ass." I say laughing with V because it's a joke that she has no but, like what so ever. She laughed about it too and was fine with our intimate friendship group making jokes about it. "I'm good. Go enjoy the sun." He forced a smile. I nodded. 

We left the bathroom together and he laid on our bed. And NayVee and I left together. "Thanks." She said to me. "For?" "Not say anything..." "Was it?" She nodded. "I should have done something." "Don't blame yourself Paul... we just need to be there for him." "Is he stil-"Hell no." She said with raised eyebrows. "Do you think he'll come down?" I asked her. "I hope so." She said as we got to the bottom of the stairs. 

We went back out to the pool. "So I heard someone slipped on their ass." She announces loudly which only made everyone laugh about it again. "The floors slippy." Candice defended herself. V dismissed her as she dove into the pool and resurfaced on the other side. This girl could really swim. She climbed onto her sisters back and I got in the water a little less gracfull bombing into the water beside Pheebs completely knocking her off her ring. She splashed me when we both resurfaces and I just picke dher up and put her back on the ring. "I hate you." "You love me." I joked with her. "I was just dry." "You're the one that decided to stay in the water to dry." I said holding onto the ring as I swam over to the rest of them bringing her with them. 

We acted like children for a little while longer. The fact that we was acting this way completely sober made me concerned for how we was going to act when we had alcohol in our system, that was tomorrows worry. I was enjoyng the hot sun, the pool, and my friends. 

It was odd seeing V with Kaylee. She seemed happier. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was the fact we were on vacation. Or maybe it was because she needed her friend. All of us consider V a friend, she's a close friend of mine. But we're all Kat's friends. Kaylee was her age not 5 years older and they spent many years together. 

They were currrently stood on the little table that was at the front of the pool dancing to the music from Nina's phone that we connected to the speakers. Kat was worrid they'd slip but the girls had pretty good balance from the looks of things. 

--------------

We all showered and changed to go into the town to get something to eat for an early dinner. We hadn't gotten much for the villia yet so that was the next task. We needed water and drinks and snacks and food for the bbq we're having tomorrow.