Tell Me A Story

KAT'S POV

I watch Paul and my sister dance around the screening room to the intro of Tell me a Story. It wasn't something you could really dance to but they made it work. I smiled, happy for my sister. Today was the first episode premiere and I was so proud of her. She had worked so hard her whole life and she was in a tv show for the majority of her career she had done a few films here and there but the stomping ground was her main project. 

I think it was important for her to get a more mature role to mark the start of her adult career. The stomping ground was about an orphanage and each child's story as they grow through the system and into adulthood where they adventure out on their own. Now she's branched out to this with CW and it was good for her. She's been happier since she's been working. I guess it was a distraction for her. 

I couldn't be prouder of my little sister, she was amazing, doing all this whilst she was grieving our mother and going through a messy breakup, to say the least. At least it wasn't publically because I think she would have struggled with that. She puts on a front most of the time, smiles, and rainbows, that's the world she portrays to the world but inside it's a whole other story so for her break up to be public I think it would have been harder on her. 

"Okay, you pair sit down," Claire said pulling on Paul's belt loop to pull him onto the beanbag chair beside her. They were blocking the screen. "Ruining our dance," Paul said flopping down. V made her way over to me and cuddled into my side without a complaint. I kissed the top of her head as she was slouched down, her head on my chest, one of the only times she's smaller than me.  "Proud of you." She looked up at me. "Mum's proud of you," I tell her and her eyes glaze over before she smiles and cuddles back down to watch the first episode. 

---------

"Who knew Paul could be such a creep?" Nina said and every object. "Paul is the creepiest," I say. "I am not." "You just lurk behind corners." "To scare people." "It's creepy." Nay objects defending me. Nay still hadn't moved from my chest both of us were comfy like this. It's not often we get a moment where we can just be still with each other. Despite the popcorn fight that was happening between Pheebs and Daniel at the moment it was calming having her this close. I was relaxed knowing she was safe in my arms. 

"You got Popcorn on me!" Amber complained. She's a new addition to the group... well she attached herself to the group. Ian and she have made it official but he seems more miserable than ever. She's not my cup of tea, she's like the typical Beverly Hills brat. But as long as Ian likes her. 

Though I am noticing things... Things that are triggering to me from my childhood of our dads... Not Ian being like them, but what mum was like. The flinching, the random bruising, the dead look in his eyes. I haven't brought it up with him yet because Amber is always there. 

Also, I'm 1000% sure she's told him he can't talk with Nayvee because they went from being super close to just nothing. V says it's no big deal but I think she's a little upset about it but she's not expressed that to me yet. Though on the flip side she and Paul basically live in each other pockets. Since filming they've gotten super close which is rare for Paul because he just isn't the type to let people in. He's very blunt and abrupt and has a really dry sense of humour that often comes across as mean but he definitely has a soft spot for V. 

"I'm sorry." "You will be." Amber shot at Pheebs with narrowed eyes. Pheebs looked at Ian expectantly but he didn't look up from his lap. "Don't talk to her like that," NayVee said sitting up understanding Ian wasn't going to stick up for his friend. "She said sorry and it's a piece of popcorn." V went and took the piece of popcorn off of Amber where it was sat on her lap popping it into her mouth. "All fixed." She said with a smile, her Bee and Claire left the screening room and went God knows where.