Maarie

We enter the apartment and I see Ian's shoes by the door. I need to take my spear keys back. Kaylee has one, Kat has one, Ian and Paul both have one and the. There's one at the big house just in case...it's practically an open house now.

I sigh and put my stuff away. "Make yourself at home, I'm gonna go take your things through to my room." "I'm staying with you?" She asked happily. "Duh, Kat can take the spear," I say laughing at her offended face.

I laid the case by the closet door and went to unpack for her until I heard her squeal, jumping to my feet right away I dashed through. "What happened?" I asked looking around the room. Kat had a smirk on her face and Ian looked confused. Maarie looked star-struck. I laughed. "You're real." "You're the one that told him to come over." I point out. "I didn't think he'd be here like now! I thought I'd have time to freak out about it first. Oh my, you're really real." She says again completely stunned.

"Ian this is Samaarie, our baby cousin. Maarie this is Ian." Kat explains. "Lovely to finally meet you. This one doesn't shut up about you." He says pointing at me. "You're a dancer too, right." "He knows!" She said looking at Kat knowing I was going to be no help right now. "We show off you're amazing skills all the time." "Ian Somerhalder has seen me dance! Smoulderpants. The hottest guy in the universe! The king him-"I'm going to be a good cousin and stop you from talking anymore." "Thank you." She said. I rested both my hands on each of her shoulder.

"You ready to talk?" He asked shyly. "She is you both are going to pick us food up," Maarie answered for me. "Who I didn't realise I got so good at ventriloquy," I say back to her. "Yeah, you really improved." She faked praise. Gosh, I missed her. We both smiled at each other as we failed to contain our laughter. "Go on through. I'm starving!" She says dramatically moving to flop down on the sofa. "Yes, you're highness." "Thank you, peasant." I looked at Ian expectantly and he began to exit. "See you guys in a bit." They nodded. Kat met me in the hall. "Just be honest." "Honesty got me in this mess. I'm going to lie like I'm a criminal mastermind." "V," she looked at me with her big green eyes begging me to do this. "I'm not making promises Kat," I say turning away from her to get my shoes, coat and car key.

————-
The drive started off quiet I didn't drive straight to the pizza place straight away giving us more time to talk but neither of us wanted to be the first. "I'm sorry." He says. "Me too," I say back. "I shouldn't have just burst out with something like that..." "no, it's my fault I should have handled the situation better. "Let me down gently?" I cut him off. "No...I should have been honest with you." Honest. There's that word Kat threw around before we left.

"I should have-"we're here. Maarie is hungry I can't make her wait." I say excusing myself quickly out of the car and to get our orders. Kat said she would call and order do all's I had to do was collect it. It was an Italian place but Maarie has cheese pizza. Kat has some white sauce pasta with garlic bread. I normally share a pizza with Ian and he shares his meatballs and pasta with me so we have half and half. But I don't know if that happening today.

"Pick up for Kat Graham," I say to the person at the desk. "Yes, I'll get that right away." I smiled as she walked off. I could see them all whispering. And then when she brought the food over "could we trouble you for a photo?" "Of course," I said with a smile. I didn't want to take a photo right now. I had been driving for an hour to get Maarie and bring her home. I hadn't done my makeup and I'm in yesterday's clothes. But she asked nicely.

We take the picture and I sign a few napkins and then Ian came in. Like the rumours begin. They asked him for the same and he said yes. We quickly took our food before any more requests came through.

"I was worried they were holding you hostage." He says as we climb into the car. "So your plan was to walk into a hostage situation?" "Well yeah..." "clearly didn't think that through did you." I laughed as I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.