Amber

I walked into my apartment and I felt more alone than ever before.

My mum was dead.

My boyfriend cheated on me for three months.

I vandalised his car.

I acted like a complete and utter mess in front of Ian.

Got papped under age drinking.

And now I'm back home alone with everything to deal with.

I told Kat I'd be fine but now I'm reconsidering her offer of staying with her for a few days. I didn't think a break up would affect me so much... I guess thats just what love does to you... He clearly didn't love me as much as I loved him otherwise he wouldn't have hurt me like that.

I needed to distract myself so I got my script out of the small office and began running lines with myself, highlighting them annotating them so I knew how I wanted to say something or writing any questions I can so I could ask them at the table read that was in two weeks. That didn't take too long and I was back to thinking.

Maybe a run would help clear my head. Or a sleep, but I slept the whole journey home. So I should be fine. Plus is morning time here so... a run is appropriate.

I quickly change into my gym wear. Nike pro leggings with the matching sports bra and a running tank over the top for modesty sake. I tied up my trainers and then put my headphones on and put my playlist on.. an upbeat one of course to get me in the zone when I'm running. I find if I have slower songs I stop more or don't run as fast as I know I can.

I walk out my apartment block and from then I start running turning the music up to the max. I didn't have a plan of where I was running to I just ran full speed for as long as my body would carry me to. I stopped at a ranch and realised I had no clue where the hell I was.

I looked at my phone it was tracking my run. I had ran for 2 hours. Shit and I was no longer in my town where my apartment was. Double shit. I lent against the fence of the ranch to get my breath back. I was looking at my phone planning my route back home. Or seeing if I could get a cab out here to drive me back because as much as I wanted the distraction I wasn't planning on running for 4 hours in total.

IAN's POV

"I missed you this week." Amber tells me, she's the girl I've been talking to for the passed few months. "Missed you too." I say with a tight smile. She insisted we went out the minute I got back so I picked her up and we went to visit Eagle my horse at Apple tree ranch.

We had just finished up our session of riding and now we were heading home. I needed sleep so I was glad about that. Not that I didn't want to see her just that I have been driving and flying most of the day.

"Hey are you okay?" I say noticing a girl sat against the fence on her phone. "Don't talk to her she could be a creep." Amber scolded me like she was my mum. Stranger danger. I'm a grown man. The girl looked not too intimidating bodywise. Couldn't see her face yet.

"Yeah I'm-" she looked up and I realised who the young girl was. "V? What are you doing out here?" I asked cutting her off. "I went on a run and ended up here...just plannning a route home." This place is like 30 minutes in the car running it could take hours. And if she's ran here already it would take longer. "I'll drop you off." "Honey don't you want to introduce us?" Amber said. "Oh yeah. This is NayVee Kat's younger sister. V this is Amber-"his girlfriend." She says cutting me off going to shake the girls hand once she was stood up. "Your the girl who fell out the plane right?" "I mean I didn't fall the plane crashed but sure." Nay said with an odd tone. She wasn't in the best of moods anyway. "Cars over here." I nudge my head towards the car park. "I'm good." She tells me with a soft smile. "If Kat finds out I left you out here she'll kill me get in the car please." I say nicely to her though my words were demanding. I knew the headspace she was in right now I didn't want to leave her out here. Amber gripped my wrist squeezing rather tight. "She said she's fine." She was smiling at me but she was annoyed "do I need to call Kat?" I asked amused. V rolled her eyes. "No." She followed us to the car and climbed in the back.