Chapter 5

Kiara

Fuck my head hurts, this was my first thought as I opened my eyes the next morning.

I sat up on my bed, just looking around, then I felt vomit come up my throat. I quickly ran to the toilet and I vomited my stomach out. I rinsed my mouth, and I just stood there staring at myself in the mirror.

I was still staring at myself when I heard a noise coming from my room. I walked to my room and found that my phone was actually making the noise, which by the way is making my head hurt even more. 

I checked my phone and I saw that my alarm was ringing, oh my God, I thought as my phone slipped from my hand.

I started panicking, “Fuck, fuck, no, no, no, this can’t be happening” I ran to the bathroom and I took the shortest shower in the world’s history. 

I can’t believe I woke up by 9am on a work day. I am so screwed, Mr Williams is going to kill me.

I quickly put on my usual work outfit, I took my bag and I wore my shoes as fast as I could. I ran out of my room and I found Isa on the couch sleeping like a monkey, she was literally sleeping upside-down. I had no time to laugh, as I was already late. 

As soon as I walked through the entrance gate of the company, I felt all eyes on me. They all gave me pitiful eyes as I walked to the elevator. 

Now here I am standing in front of the door which says CEO, I just hope that he doesn’t remember anything about last night, I am scared as fuck. I knocked tentatively on his door, I heard a come in and so I went into my doom, bye world it was nice knowing you. 

Mr Williams was as usual sitting behind his large mahogany table, and he doesn’t look happy at all. “Good morning Mr Williams” I greeted him. He looked at me, then he stood up and started walking towards me, I walked back wards till my back hit the wall.

“Miss Knight, please do tell me why you are just coming to work?” he said calmly. I looked at him, frightened, because I knew this was the calm before the storm. 

I finally talked, well more like I stuttered, “W-well I wo-woke u-up l late th-this morning.” He stared at me with a blank face, void of any emotions, then all of a sudden, he started laughing. 

Now this is getting creepy, I thought. 

“From your explanation, I understood that you were too drunk to remember that you have a responsibility to be at the office before me.” He said. Oh no, he remembers everything about last night. 

“You went to a club on a work night dressed like a slut, when you are aware that you are supposed to be at the office the next day. Now I know your true self, you are not innocent at all, you were just pretending. You are a slut just like the rest of them who use rich men for their money.”  

Tears were rolling down my eyes uncontrollably, what he said hurts so much. I couldn’t say anything to defend myself, I was just standing there crying in front of my boss. He walked back to his desk and sat at the edge of his table, then he started talking again; “You will face the consequence for your lateness, you will take over the work assigned to everyone on this floor, including mine and it must be completed today. I don’t care how long it will take.” 

With that, he took his briefcase and his phone and he walked out of his office. I slid down the wall and I cried even more than before. Why did he say those things to me, this is unfair, it’s just not right and I don’t deserve the insults. But I can’t quit. These thoughts were just running through my head. 

So, I cleaned my face, stood up and I started working even if I didn’t feel like it. I started with Mr Williams work first because it was more complicated, I worked on his paper work for today, I also participated in some online meetings in his stead and after 5 hours, I completed his work for today. 

I decided to take a lunch break because I was starving, so I walked out of Mr Williams office to get something to eat. When I opened the door, I found the whole floor empty, like nobody was here. Well this is good for me because I can complete their work without any interference. 

I finished filling my belly, so now I can continue my punishment. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and I played a song to lighten up my mood. I typed, photocopied, printed, danced, cried a little when I was frustrated, scanned and photocopied until I finally finished everything. I stretched because my back was aching then I went to look for my bag and shoes. When I found them, I turned on my phone to check the time and I found out that it was 30 minutes till midnight, and I saw 50 missed calls from Isabella and 20 missed calls from my aunt Margret. 

I was too tired to explain, so I decided that I’ll tell them everything when I get home. 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Chapter 5 is up people, pls vote and comment. Chapter 6 coming up. ❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘😘❤️❤️