Chapter 18

Kiara 

Numb

Nothing, I feel nothing. 

I am just laying on the bed looking into space, crying and thinking, thinking of what life with my parents would have been like. 

My aunt has tried to get me out of my parents room, but I can't even move

Since I came here, I locked myself in my parents room. Not eating, showering or sleeping because of the nightmares. 

Today is Tuesday and it's the day of my parents death anniversary. 

I laid on the bed till I heard my aunt leave the house. I checked the time on my phone and it was 2pm.

I stood up from the bed and I went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, showered and got dressed. I wore a black jeans, shirt and sweater. Then I put on my black socks and sneakers. 

I took phone from the nightstand and I walked out of the room and went to the kitchen, I saw a covered plate. I knew aunt Margret left it there for me, but my stomach is not feeling up to it. So I went to the fridge, took a bottle of water and I left the house. 

I went to the one place I usually go to when I come to Colorado. 

My parents graveyard. 

I stopped a taxi which took me to my destination. I got there in an hour or so, when I entered the graveyard, I walked through the familiar path that leads to my parents gravestones. 

When I stood in front of the gravestones, I saw fresh roses on each stone. My aunt must have stopped by. 

I didn't even bring any roses, I am such a bad daughter. Tears were already falling down my eyes as I sat between the two gravestones. 

"Hi mom and dad", I whispered. 

"It's me, your daughter. I am sorry for not bringing flowers, it kinda slipped my mind. I will bring it next time I promise". 

"I am sure if you guys were here, mom would say, "Girls don't forget things, that's what men do" and dad would say "Honey, leave my pumpkin pie alone" 

I laughed sadly. 

"But you are not here and it's all my fault", a loud sob left my mouth. 

"I shouldn't have asked for ice-cream, I shouldn't have left you in the car. It's all my fault, I am such a bad daughter". 

Tear kept falling from my eyes uncontrollably. I sat there crying my eyes out. 

Suddenly, hunger kicked and I started feeling dizzy. With full force, the cold encompassed my body, I finally noticed the snow covering everywhere. 

The last thing I remembered before passing out was aunt, she'd be worried. 

At Brandons penthouse 

I opened my eyes, but I closed it back immediately because the light was too bright. I opened my eyes slowly to adjust with the light, and finally I opened it. 

I looked around, but nothing looked familiar to me. Panic filled my mind and I was going to stand to leave this place, but something was holding my hand. 

I looked to find the thing, but it turned out to be a person sitting on a chair beside the bed. The person woke up and looked around frantically, because of my sudden movement and finally the person looked at me. 

I quickly recognized the person, it was Mr Williams. 

How did he get here, the last thing I remember is passing out in front of my parents gravestones. Now, Mr Williams is in front me looking relieved, while I am sure there's a confused look on my face. 

Mr Williams suddenly stood up, causing his chair to fall backwards and I let out a startled scream. 

"Oh my God, I am so sorry. I was just going to call the first aid practitioner to check on your condition", he explained. 

I tried to talk but no sound came out, he noticed and he quickly gave me a glass of warm water, which cleared my throat. 

"What is going on?" that was the only question I could think of. 

"I will answer that question after you have been checked".

Then he left the room and came back with an unfamiliar woman wearing all white. 

She started asking questions, 

"Does your throat feel itchy?" 

"A little", I answered. 

"Any headaches?" 

“Slight headache"

"What of dizzy spells" 

"I don't feel dizzy" 

"When was the last time since you ate food?" 

"Ummmm, like two days ago" 

"Ok then, you need to drink warm water regularly, you obviously need food. Just start by taking chicken soup. As for the headache, when you are done eating, sleep, you need it. That's all". 

"Thank you", I said as she left the room leaving me alone with Mr Williams. 

"I have ordered the soup, it should be here in a few minutes", Mr Williams informed me. 

"Thank you" 

Then there was an awkward silence between us. This is the first time that Mr Williams is caring about me,and it is well kinda weird. 

I was about to speak to break the awkward silence, but a knock on the door stopped me. A man wheeled in a table, which has a covered bowl on it. 

Mr Williams collected the dish and placed it in front of me. 

"Eat", he commanded. 

"Ok sir", was my impulsive response. 

I took the spoon on the tray and started eating the soup and it actually tasted nice. 

I finished the food in five minutes, well I guess I should have eaten the food aunt Margret left for me. 

Then I realized, Oh my God I totally forgot about aunt Margret. 
_______________________________________
Surprise🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉🎉
So guys the surprise is a double updated. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Love you guys. And plllsssssss don't forget to vote and comment. You guys are the best❤️❤️♥️💖❤️💕❤️💕♥️❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕💖💋