Chapter 8

Kiara

I wasn't surprised when Isabella told me that we were going to the mall. I just went along with it because I was tired. And I knew she'd forcefully take me there if I refused. 

When we got to the mall, Isabella took me to different stores. We bought many things like short skirts, dresses, heels, blouses, shirts, shorts and more. We bought some designer handbags and suits too. 

When i complained about the amount of money we were spending, Isa would say, "shut up, I know you have alot of money in your savings account. Spend it on yourself girl, now let's go I think i saw a pretty dress that will definitely look good on you". We walked into more stores and bought more clothes, but I started getting tired and hungry. 

"Isa can we stop now, I think we have enough clothes now", I complained when I felt my legs giving out. 

"Ok , ok, we are just going to the last store I promise", she said as she dragged me to the "last store", note the sarcasm. 

We stopped in front of a store and I looked at its name "Victoria's Secret", I wanted to run, but I couldn't because Isa was holding my hand tightly. 

"Girl I new you would run, but I was prepared for you. Now let's go", she said and she pushed me into the dreaded store. We went inside and Isa started picking out some lacy lingerie. 

"No, no, Isa I am not buying any type of lingerie. Can't I just get some normal bra and panties?" I whisper-yelled, snatching the lingerie from her hands. 

"Oh come on girl, you are a big girl. And you need to start wearing big girl panties" Isa said as she picked up some lacy panties. 

I snatched the panties from her hands too. "This is not funny and besides I like my sport bras and panties".

Isa held my hands and said, "I know it's not funny, but I need you to do this for me. I need you to dress confidently so that your boss won't insult you and put you down again". She said seriously. "And every woman should be able to feel sexy at some point in their lives" she smiled. 

I bit my lips and I studied the piece of clothing, so I decided that a little lingerie wouldn't hurt anyone. 

"Ok fine, but we are just getting the ones I like", I said. She squealed and she started showing me the ones I might like. 

We were done shopping, so we kept the bags in the car and we went to the food court to get something to eat before going to the spa. While I was eating my food, which was a burger and fries, I heard a commotion happening behind me. When I turned, I saw a lot of men in suits shielding some people. 

I looked closely at the people they were shielding and I realized that it was Mr Williams, his mother and his sister. I looked at Isabella, panic written on my face and she gave me a worried. I quickly hid under the table, I stayed there till the noise reduced. 

When the ruckus was over, I sat back on my chair and Isa gave me a questioning look, "Why the fuck did you just hide under the table like a criminal hiding from the police", she asked. 

"I know, but those people that passed just now were my boss, his mother and sister. If I didn't hide under the table, his mother would have spotted me and I will have to go to them and I am not ready to see Mr Williams now", I started rambling, "I mean I can see him on Monday but not now, just not now. What if he insults me in front of everyone, I can't take it, I can't……… 

"Ok, Ok, Kiara look at me" I looked at her. "Now take a deep breath and calm down Ok. You will not see your boss, we will just go to the spa now Ok". 

I nodded and she held my hands and took me to the spa. At the spa, we were given a massage, manicure and pedicure, face treatments and many other things. 

By the time we were done, I felt like a baby. My skin was smooth and glowing. This was my first spa treatment and I don't regret spending money on this. 

After the spa, we went to the hair salon. I didn't know want to do with my hair, so Isa suggested that I braid it. And I did, I made a long, knotless braid and I kinda like it. 

Kiara's hair

Kiara's hair

"Damn girl, you looking fine", Isa said as I twirled and showed off my new hairstyle. 

When we got home, we were so tired, we just ordered pizza and we went to sleep. I enjoyed today, it's been a while since I decided to take care of myself. Today was fun.